Republic of Alleycity

Lord Meeker

Head of Defense  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Should a Head of Defense to manage the Precursors be elected?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

8 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

The clause was said in response to when you had the precursors drag the denizens out of the room earlier, not the raspberry blowing  

Ahh.  Well in that case...

On 4/13/2019 at 5:51 AM, Voidus said:

While holding both ears and slightly deafened by the raspberry, one of the DA lawyers set a deed of ownership down before the precursors who were trying to take away his colleagues.

In it, it was pointed out that since the DA technically owned the entire Alleyverse, they were not in violation of any laws as the city never officially obtained this building from them and thus it wasn't a city-owned building.

The DA denizens all smiled in gloating victory as this clarification was made.

The precursors then argued back that this building technically didn't exist until the government itself was formed, and since government-owned and city-owned buildings were synonymous, this was technically city property.  The one on the right said that he cared about DA ownership as far as a swallow could haul a coconut.  This set off a small debate when his partner asked if that was an African or European swallow, and they argued the entire way to the jail.  The denizen was glad to be behind bars after the journey.

Once behind bars, the Denizens felt they had humored them enough. One Soulcast a hole in the wall and they walked back in an orderly line, still talking about the tremendous raspberry and what an achievement it was for Science. They returned to the building The government was using and began discussing the furtherance of raspberry science.

Few things Darth, 

I set up clearly what I was doing and it was within the parameters of what the DA is capable of. I’m willing to retcon some things and let the Jackal smash his way free of the cage, but it would take considerable effort on his part and I would expect you to portray that fairly. If the Jackal can just flick his wrist and smash through a magically enhanced steel cage, Something I didn’t see in his bio, then you’re just granting him new powers. I understand that the mask is indestructible, but he’s limited by the force he can put behind it, since the mask isn’t magically swinging itself. And he can’t use his hands since he has to keep it on, so the amount of force he could exert is even further limited. If you want to write a post that shows the Jackal putting huge amounts of effort into smashing the cage, I’d be willing to allow him to break free. But the casual sentence you wrote earlier didn’t make it seem at all probable.

Secondly, Whisper is a PC of Voidus, not an NPC, standing ready to engage the Jackal should he escape.

Thirdly, while we do want to limit overpowering NPCs, the DA has the resources to make such. In conversations I’ve had with Voidus and Mac, we have to use them responsibly so that we don’t steamroll over everyone, but it’s more than fair to require a lengthier response than ‘he killed them instantly’ which in many cases is unrealistic based on your characters power set and abilities. For the most part the DA keeps its more powerful NPCs limited to the Alleys, but you’re right smack in Alleycity. We can use powerful characters and technology that make logistical sense with limited repercussions here, based on prior world building and role playing. I’m not just pulling things out of a hat, I’m using tools and narrative elements that are consistent and logical with the setting.

So I’m happy to allow the Jackal to break out, if you lend it the proper weight. Perhaps he notices a flaw or mistake in the hastily constructed cage. But be aware Voidus does have a PC present. It might be easier for the Jackal to weight until the DA give him over to the other guilds and then attempt to break out.

I want to stress that this is totally not personal, I have nothing against you in the slightest. I just want to maintain a cohesive  RP with solid continuity. I’m happy for the mods to weigh in as well. 

Kenod also had a PC present I believe. But yes, Whisper is present here and is one of my PCs. Even if they were all NPCs, there are enough present that you can't just break through it offhandedly. At least try to RP it.
Imagine how a reader would see this story, does 'he killed them all' really seem like a line that is likely to appear in a climactic scene? It kills all tension in the narrative when obstacles are just breezed through like that, especially when you also add that he ran away so fast that no one could chase him. That's just railroading the narrative to get to a personally desired endpoint. Again this is a collaborative RP, when someone throws you a curveball that upsets your plans for your character, that is very much an intended aspect of the game, it creates unexpected scenarios and builds tension so that scenes feel meaningful. This could have been an opportunity to roleplay an elaborate and interesting breakout sequence, helping to build the character, show a challenge and their limitations, etc.

Zokora stepped into the building and looked for Lusk. She ignored the endless debate, instead headed over to him, spoke to him in a soft voice.

"I am here on behalf of the Righthand and our leader. You need to come with me for a moment. Do you need to leave someone here?"

@I think I am here.

Edited by Sorana

15 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Zokora stepped into the building and looked for Lusk. She ignored the endless debate, instead headed over to him, spoke to him in a soft voice.

"I am here on behalf of the Righthand and our leader. You need to come with me for a moment. Do you need to leave someone here?"

Lusk looked at the woman. Probably one of Althea’s, judging by the logical tone.

He looked at the debate, then shook his head. Where had that blasted kid gone anyway? Wesley?

“No,” he said, getting off his chair and standing up with a twitch of irritation. “How long is this going to take?”

He picked up his cane and hobbled over.

3 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Lusk looked at the woman. Probably one of Althea’s, judging by the logical tone.

He looked at the debate, then shook his head. Where had that blasted kid gone anyway? Wesley?

“No,” he said, getting off his chair and standing up with a twitch of irritation. “How long is this going to take?”

He picked up his cane and hobbled over.

"A few hours."

Zokora raised an eyebrow at him.

"Sure you need noone? Then follow me."

She turned around and walked out of the building, waited for him there.

3 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"A few hours."

Zokora raised an eyebrow at him.

"Sure you need noone? Then follow me."

She turned around and walked out of the building, waited for him there.

Lusk followed the woman, taking out a little machine from his pocket and sending a message. He had his own lackeys too.

Get over here. Republic Meeting.

“That should do it,” he grumbled, exiting the building and stopping next to the woman. Sighing he tapped Atium, his back straightening and some of his hair bled to black as he put the cane away. He clasped his hands behind his back.

“So, what is this? Must be important if your representing the Righthand and the Leader.”

5 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

“So, what is this? Must be important if your representing the Righthand and the Leader.”

"My name is Zokora An'Inera. I am the Righthand's assistant and as I already told you, I am here on behalf of both her and our leader."

"The Righthand excuses herself, she is busy with an important internal operantion. If you would follow me to Oasis please?"

Edited by Sorana

28 minutes ago, Sorana said:

"My name is Zokora An'Inera. I am the Righthand's assistant and as I already told you, I am here on behalf of both her and our leader."

"The Righthand excuses herself, she is busy with an important internal operantion. If you would follow me to Oasis please?"

Zokora. Lusk wondered what planet the name was from. “Fine,” he said, crossing his arms and following her.

• 2 weeks later...

Given that plots have continued moving along elsewhere, in the interests of things syncing up time wise I think this thread can probably skip ahead a bit of time (~ A week or so given everything else that's happened?)
Would be feasible for the Jackal to plan an escape from whatever detention facility the republic has, again I personally prefer stuff like that to be RP'd but at this point we've also spent a really long time arguing these points so I think the moment has kind of passed by now, all the characters who would have been involved in this story have moved on to other threads I think.

Then again this is just my opinion so others may differ.

On 5/1/2019 at 4:31 PM, Voidus said:

Would be feasible for the Jackal to plan an escape from whatever detention facility the republic has, again I personally prefer stuff like that to be RP'd but at this point we've also spent a really long time arguing these points so I think the moment has kind of passed by now, all the characters who would have been involved in this story have moved on to other threads I think.

Also, I'm just going with him escaping, and since I am the only person (besides Ax, and Fang) with any Precursor characters, so I'm just going to rp it in A Shadowed Dawn.

Keleth stood up after a particularly long silence.  "It looks as if Vargo's laws pass," he said, "So I shall take this moment to propose another vote.  One for the powers of chancellor.  I believe that we should finally have a vote.  My scribes have assembled a bracket for voting, if all representatives want to be included in this vote.  I for one think that all representatives should get a chance to run for chancellor.  But if not, then I nominate myself for the office.  Can I get a second?"  

Someone from the back of the room shouted, "Second"

Keleth nodded to him and returned to his talk, "If anyone else wishes to nominate someone, feel free." He then sat.

@Lord Oryx Meeker @I think I am here. @Dr. Dapper @Silva @Nohadon @Grey Knight (Any reps I missed?)