Shard of Apathy?

So, I've been thinking. What would a Shard of Apathy look like? And more importantly, could it go head to head against Odium? (I see your Passion and Rayse you Apathy) The question would be how to create it and what it could do. We gotta find the most boring person in the cosmere and stuff them with enough Investiture to get them to Ascend. But... what kind of Investiture? (Unless it somehow already exists. Just floating around in space not caring.) Intent is another weird thing. Would it just not care? Would it want to make other people not care? And what would someone using its power be able to do? Have the exceptional ability to procrastinate? Or... would they be able to suck up other sources of Investiture? Like a human Nightblood. Shardblade comin' at my face? No problem. You want to use Division on me? Sorry. That don't work. 

I actually started thinking about this when I wondered what could happen if you spiked Preservation somehow, but I'm pretty sure that would be really really hard and it wouldn't have the effect you wanted. Not that it isn't still worth discussing. Which brings up another question. What would the effects of spiking a Shard be? I don't think anyone's ever really brought it up before. Would Ruin have some sort of power over the spiked Shard? Would it just give them more power? 

Anyway, this is all kinda out of the box and I'm curious to see what you guys think.

I can't answer the stuff about Apathy, but as to spiking a Shard, I just don't think it'll work. While some Shards have physical bodies by choice, they don't need those bodies and aren't bound to them in the same way as a normal person. I doubt they'd have any bindpoints to work with due to them not really being actual things, and even if they did, they could just eliminate that whole body before the spike could take effect.

What would a Shard of Apathy look like? And more importantly, could it go head to head against Odium? (I see your Passion and Rayse you Apathy) The question would be how to create it and what it could do. We gotta find the most boring person in the cosmere and stuff them with enough Investiture to get them to Ascend. But... what kind of Investiture? (Unless it somehow already exists. Just floating around in space not caring.) Intent is another weird thing. Would it just not care? Would it want to make other people not care? And what would someone using its power be able to do? Have the exceptional ability to procrastinate? Or... would they be able to suck up other sources of Investiture? Like a human Nightblood. Shardblade comin' at my face? No problem. You want to use Division on me?

I might be wrong but the shard intent doesn't work on himself/herself/itself. Like remember how Ruin is the shard of entrophy well he doesn't wanna kill himself but he does want everything else to die. It is kinda like that.

Or like how preservation would've wanted himself to live forever by intent but he still sacrificed himself. 

So the shard intent doesn't actually apply on themselves but they just apply it on other things so Apathy will still be able to do things. Like make things apathetic which is ironic because he is the shard of apathy and he isn't apathetic. Get it ? 

What would the effects of spiking a Shard be? I don't think anyone's ever really brought it up before. Would Ruin have some sort of power over the spiked Shard? Would it just give them more power? 

This is actually literally impossible. Even if somehow the shards has physical bodies and points you can spike them(considering the shards are what consists of the universe .. them being described as infinite and everywhere is not an exaggeration as they literally make up of everything in cosmere) with if you spike them this is conceptually similar to trying to contain an entire powerplant worth of electricty in a single battery lol 

Edited by goody153

• Chaos locked this topic