Corvallis is a crater, Cornucopia blew it up with non-nuclear explosives. Salem likely just turned into a ghost town essentially, there'd probably be some structural damage as well in pockets but mostly just a bunch of dead people.

1 minute ago, winter devotion said:

So, fun fact: The ad on that one was Geico commercial that opens a dad telling the camera, "My kids wanted a puppy, but those are pretty expensive. So to save money, I just found them a possum," and let me tell you, picturing that as a Darkrose line just gets funnier the longer you think about it. :P 

5 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Backtrack: "She's not trying to conquer Oregon so she can rule it... she wants to destroy it! Man, that's evil."

horrified screaming as he suddenly remembers that he lives in Oregon.

4 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

So, fun fact: The ad on that one was Geico commercial that opens a dad telling the camera, "My kids wanted a puppy, but those are pretty expensive. So to save money, I just found them a possum," and let me tell you, picturing that as a Darkrose line just gets funnier the longer you think about it. :P 

Change "I just found them a possum" to "I just made them one out of a possum and a few squirrels" and you have the Chimera version. :P

I have a new characterization exercise. 

Supposing the internet still existed in the Reckonersverse, which bizarre subreddit(s) would your character follow? Their following can be anywhere from casual to obsessive; they can be proud of their love of this subreddit or they can be ashamed of it. Point is, they like something weird and they congregate with other lovers of the same weird thing. 

Some examples: 

Spoiler

r/birdswitharms (they photoshop arms onto birds) 
r/ggggg (mildly obsessed with the letter G)
r/animalswithoutnecks (ever wonder what a llama would look like without its long neck?) 
r/notinteresting (people compete to share the most boring things) 
r/myevilplan (sharing their evil plans) 
r/pointlessstories (sharing pointless stories) 
r/thomasthedankengine (remixing Thomas the Tank Engine with hip-hop) 
r/carpetsforairports (posting pictures and facts about airport carpets) 
r/dogtalk (people posting things like WOOF WOOF and replies like BARK BARK BARK) 

43 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I have a new characterization exercise. 

Supposing the internet still existed in the Reckonersverse, which bizarre subreddit(s) would your character follow? Their following can be anywhere from casual to obsessive; they can be proud of their love of this subreddit or they can be ashamed of it. Point is, they like something weird and they congregate with other lovers of the same weird thing. 

Some examples: 

Reveal hidden contents

r/birdswitharms (they photoshop arms onto birds) 
r/ggggg (mildly obsessed with the letter G)
r/animalswithoutnecks (ever wonder what a llama would look like without its long neck?) 
r/notinteresting (people compete to share the most boring things) 
r/myevilplan (sharing their evil plans) 
r/pointlessstories (sharing pointless stories) 
r/thomasthedankengine (remixing Thomas the Tank Engine with hip-hop) 
r/carpetsforairports (posting pictures and facts about airport carpets) 
r/dogtalk (people posting things like WOOF WOOF and replies like BARK BARK BARK) 

R/epicguns ((and epic puns))

R/trees ((I mean...it apparently is a theme of mine))

R/sorry ((Cana-duh memes))

R/justthingsmaplessay ((just things maples say))

R/maplesyrup ((which could mean two very different things))

R/fluffycats ((everyone needs some relaxation))

I could probably come up with more.

5 minutes ago, Weirdpersonx said:

R/epicguns ((and epic puns))

R/trees ((I mean...it apparently is a theme of mine))

R/sorry ((Cana-duh memes))

R/justthingsmaplessay ((just things maples say))

R/maplesyrup ((which could mean two very different things))

R/fluffycats ((everyone needs some relaxation))

I could probably come up with more.

I heard Redleaf was a mod on several of those. :P

8 minutes ago, The Young Pyromancer said:

You know, I just had an Epic idea!  He’s that annoying neighbor who tells really boring stories, except he kills anyone who tries to shut him up.  His weakness is someone thinking he’s interesting.

That sounded better in my head.

I think that guy is my great-uncle. :mellow: 

5 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Or something like that. 

I don’t think I like how Alastair came out in this one, but I think Darkrose looks okay.

Hide contents

07B7E472-6E17-47F4-B375-5BB93CE9ACF9.thumb.jpeg.baea6aa2258d1b62b605d836a722cd93.jpeg

Also, I think the most ironic part about the whole Alastair / Darkrose ship is that it would turn the fake situation he had with Funtimes into a reality. :mellow: An insane Epic couple drifting aimlessly and with no real allegiance across the Fractured States.

20 minutes ago, Kobold King said:

Also, I think the most ironic part about the whole Alastair / Darkrose ship is that it would turn the fake situation he had with Funtimes into a reality. :mellow: An insane Epic couple drifting aimlessly and with no real allegiance across the Fractured States.

It…really would, wouldn't it? In it just for the pleasure of picking fights and coming out on top. 

2 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

It…really would, wouldn't it? In it just for the pleasure of picking fights and coming out on top. 

Both killing for the sake of killing.

One of them after the slontzes who would have used him as a slave and made him feel powerless.

One of them just wanting to see the looks on those slontzes' faces when they stop pretending they're anything different from her.

...relationship goal? :mellow: