Hi Everyone!

Jaywalk

I'm new to the Shard--though I've browsed as a guest for about 6 months.

Let's see here...Been reading Sanderson for four years, started with Final Empire, Favorite Sanderson book(and favorite cosmere book) is Hero of Ages), and favorite Non-Cosmere book is Skyward(Unless TGS counts).

So...yeah. Hi!

Edited by Jaywalk

Hello @Jaywalk, welcome to the shard. Accept no cookies (hemalurgic spikes) and refuse to repeat anything about Breath (Warbreaker stuff) otherwise, have fun. [plug mode] Many people suggest the RP threads, though I don't participate so I can't give you a value judgment on them, and I would love to direct you to Cosmere! The Musical (link in my sig) and Stormlight! The Musical (the links to my collected Stormlight Parodies in my sig will take you there) [end plug mode].

Edited by Personification

24 minutes ago, Personification said:

Hello @Jaywalk, welcome to the shard. Accept no cookies (hemalurgic spikes) and refuse to repeat anything about Breath (Warbreaker stuff) otherwise, have fun. [plug mode] Many people suggest the RP threads, though I don't participate so I can't give you a value judgment on them, and I would love to direct you to Cosmere! The Musical (link in my sig) and Stormlight! The Musical (the links to my collected Stormlight Parodies in my sig will take you there) [end plug mode].

But what if someone wants to give me their breath?

9 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Hope you enjoy the forums!

I hope I do too...

1 minute ago, Personification said:

If you are on the same planet as Nightblood and you are not Vasher, Lift, Szeth, or Vivenna, then you are doing self-preservation wrong.

You’re probably right. Worldhopping is great for sightseeing, but I guess it’s a little dangerous. I tried to check out Sel the other day; it’ll be a few weeks(or months) before I recover. Both mentally and physically.

On 12/27/2018 at 0:30 PM, Personification said:

Hmmm... I would highly recommend the aforementioned RP section.

3 hours ago, Ark1002 said:

Hmmm... I would highly recommend the aforementioned RP section.

Maybe I’ll check it out. Could someone explain how to do the RPs?

3 hours ago, Dr. Dapper said:

^^^^

This guy recruits for the Ghostbloods.

On second thought...

Edited by Jaywalk

Wait, what? Was wrong with the Ghostbloods?

4 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Maybe I’ll check it out. Could someone explain how to do the RPs?

We make a character, then write from their perspective. When they meet someone else, they can interact. So it's multiple people writing chapters of a book, then conflicting. Or working together. But we can only decide our actions, or NPCs actions. Go to the bottom and check out the RP section, and the Alleyverse subforum. That's where to find it. Read the pinned threads, join a guild (CoughGhostbloodsCough), make a character, then start.

1 hour ago, Ark1002 said:

Wait, what? Was wrong with the Ghostbloods?

We make a character, then write from their perspective. When they meet someone else, they can interact. So it's multiple people writing chapters of a book, then conflicting. Or working together. But we can only decide our actions, or NPCs actions. Go to the bottom and check out the RP section, and the Alleyverse subforum. That's where to find it. Read the pinned threads, join a guild (CoughGhostbloodsCough), make a character, then start.

Sounds cool. I’ll check it out.

Edit: I journeyed to that side of the forums, and I can’t say I’m not intimidated. I think I’ve figured it out though, so hopefully I’ll be able to get going.

Edited by Jaywalk