Theory: To stop Odium

RShara

Yeah, Odium is probably the villain for Stormlight (or just really misunderstood), but I highly doubt he'll be the big villain for the cosmere.

Odium is misunderstood?  Is there some sort of shardic therapy group we can send him to?  Maybe we can avoid this whole desolations thing.  :)

It is a bit crazy to think that there might be something out there WORSE than a shard devoted to hatred.

Sazed is more powerful, and Odium is worried about him.  But Sazed's nature of Ruin+Preservation makes it difficult for him to act.

Q:  Could Sazed take down Rayse since he has two shards?
A:  Rayse is VERY scared of Sazed. However, given Sazed is a composite of two diametrically opposed shards, he finds it very difficult to act.

• 3 weeks later...

So, you guys remember the conversation Dalinar had with Hoid about putting Adonalsium back together? Yeah? I think that this theory will be true. Dalinar will take up the triple shard of Honor, and Cultivation, and then swiftly pwn the others to reform Adonalsium. He will make a promise to Hoid that he will cultivate the shards together, sort of, and then like....use the hatred of Odium to get the job done.

Do you know the chapter name? I'd like to go back and reread this.

I'm completely blanking on this conversation.

Edited by Kaladin

Do you know the chapter name? I'd like to go back and reread this.

I'm completely blanking on this conversation.

Its in WoK Chapter 54:

“I know,” Wit said, then looked directly at him.  “Adonalsium.”

Dalinar frowned more deeply.  “What?”

Wit searched his face.  “Have you ever heard the term, Dalinar?”

“Ado… what?”

“Nothing,” Wit said.  He seemed preoccupied, unlike his usual self.  “Nonsense.  Balderdash.  Figgldygrak.  Isn’t it odd that gibberish words are often the sounds of other words, cut up and dismembered, then stitched into something like them—yet wholly unlike them at the same time?”

Dalinar frowned.

“I wonder if you could do that to a man.  Pull him apart, emotion by emotion, bit by bit, bloody chunk by bloody chunk.  Then combine them back together into something else, like a Dysian Aimian.  If you do put a man together like that, Dalinar, be sure to name him Gibberish, after me.  Or perhaps Gibletish.”

• Chaos locked this topic