Long Game 5: Noble Secrets

Night 5: Late VictoryIad 2

Bronze H Tin

Night 5:

With the deaths that hadn't happened the night before, it was decided that Awes was a Ghostblood, but the nobility decided that they couldn't take him out, so they would wait until night to try and surprise him. He openly admitted to being one and was very proud of doing so.

Gold Lerasium Cadmium Pewter Electrum

Since Humperdink had been sitting in the back and rarely showing out to meetings, the nobility began to be suspicious of his behavior. Slowly, but surely, the votes began to pile on the hunter as he sat in the corner. A couple of fabrials were used and the Ghostbloods began to get nervous. They couldn't decide what to do.

Brass Tin Zinc Tin Duralumin

There was quite a bit of suspicion on Tion as well though, he had been the only one to know about plans the night before, it was said.

Pewter Electrum

In the end, Humperdink was the one who it was decided would die this day. A large group went to his house, where he had gone after casting a vote for Cara and broke his door down. They grabbed him and in their anger, instead of taking him to the gallows, pulled out swords and Tion sliced his head clean off his body. In his last seconds of life, he proclaimed, "At least we killed so many of you. I finally had my chance to help." He mumbled one other remark, but it wasn't heard and Tion had already killed him before he could say it again.

Bronze H Tin

Humperdink was a Ghostblood. He had an Alerter, Emotion Bracelet and a half-shard.

Gold Tin Electrum Pewter Brass

Votes:

Humperdink (5): Alv, Tion, Saritu, Cara, Lucal

Tion (2): Jim Bob Dirt, Khas

Cara (2): Wurum, Humperdink

Awes (1): Sprenil

Here's your hint: You're looking for a person.

The night begins now and will end tomorrow at 3:30 pm MDT/ 22:30 GMT

Hmm, that's interesting. I am so glad we salvaged some Honour here, getting rid of one of them, at least. I'll take a 50% detection rate as at least a partial victory. Shame he didn't have anything particularly noteworthy.

Seems he was the last killer then. Seems they didn't get the Soulcaster, pleasingly.

Edited by Wyrmhero

So it did. I don't recall Alv voting for Humperdink either? Or did he do that and I missed it?

We've bought some time here. It's now 8 vs. 3, by my counting. That gives us another day at least.

And now I shall get the sleep I desperately need for tomorrow's exam. Night all.

Edited by Wyrmhero

No, Alv voted for Tion and someone on our side reversed it to confirm Humperdink's death. If a GB had reversed your vote to Tion and if our reverser didn't reverse it would have been a tie which is rather worrying.

ninja'd by Ace  :ph34r:

Well rust, I hope a noble got it. Mail, were more than one final item given away? You said to "those".

*edit* I know it's not relevant to the game, but I just realized I forgot to post a picture of my sunburn like I promised. This is my arm from just a few minutes ago, over 3 days after the burn. This is one of the least burned parts of my upper body :/

10246698_10152390888471131_8903158039508

P.S. I don't know how to make the image smaller, sorry guys. :(

Edited by Macen

So. I've been thinking about it, and whoever recommended that we vote for awes today was probably right (it worked out great for us) if we attack him tonight, and vote him tomorrow - we won't get any of his items. At the moment I'm thinking we will pick a different target and just shut him down, but I haven't decided. If anyone has any better idea's send them my way and I'll take them into consideration.

I probably won't be on any more tonight, so have a great night guys.

One major prize was given away.

This night may receive an extension again. Tomorrow's schedule is weird, so until I get on saying that the night is up, it will continue to go. It will be at least after 3:30.

Just to continue my request to the thief from yesterday, here is an update on the game's situation. If you steel the bow from Wurum, all they can do against us tonight is hope they get lucky with the Soulcaster. Since the Soulcaster only randomly changes one action, even if they make a lucky guess with it, there's still only a one in three chance it will even do anything useful for them. Even then, we have means of protecting ourselves from a single attack so turning one of our own against us probably won't amount to much.

If we are successful with any kills tonight, with you voting with us, we can likely control the votes tomorrow or at the least tie the votes. With the ability for three kills the following night, we win.

If you side with the nobles, your group might still win but will rely on a lot more luck since you don't know exactly what items we have for protection and still don't know for certain who our other members are to use your items on.

Your chances are much better if you are with us and we will happily provide you with whatever additional items you still need to reach your master thief goal.

Mr Thief, I can also help you get pretty much every item you want, and Awes has less of a chance than he thinks he does. It's currently 7v4 or 8v3. Even if they manage to kill 2 people tonight (I don't think it's very likely), we still have a strong number advantage and a lot more power than he thinks we do.

Ultimately, it's your choice. But - I'd much prefer it if you assist us instead of the ghostblood scum who killed our king and manipulated me into ousting my own friends.

It's currently 7v4 or 8v3. Even if they manage to kill 2 people tonight (I don't think it's very likely), we still have a strong number advantage.

If the thief sides with us, 7v4. If we kill one person tonight, 6x4. That is only one reverser to tie the vote and we have more than that at our disposal.

Ultimately, it's your choice. But - I'd much prefer it if you assist us instead of the ghostblood scum who killed our king and manipulated me into ousting my own friends.

As I mentioned before, do you really want to side with some pompous nobles who called for your death on multiple occasions? We could have killed you multiple times and chose not to (I had strong suspicions who you were before we positively identified you). We felt you would make a valuable addition to our cause and so chose to spare you for just such a situation as this.

Brandon Sanderson is secretly on our side... what more could you ask for? ;)

*EDIT* We have a reverser as well. So, unless you have 3, which I seriously doubt, then we are at a stalemate. Also, why would the thief pick your side, and get his secondary objective, when he could pick our side and get his Primary AND Secondary roll by staying with us.

I see the angle you're trying to work here, and I can't blame you for trying. But, it seems a little desperate. I never called for his death, neither did Wurm. As far as I know - those are the only 100% certain Nobles... How is he supposed to know you guys didn't call for his death?

Edited by Macen

*EDIT* We have a reverser as well. So, unless you have 3, which I seriously doubt, then we are at a stalemate. 

If the thief steals the bow, a stalemate is all we need.

Also, why would the thief pick your side, and get his secondary objective, when he could pick our side and get his Primary AND Secondary roll by staying with us.

As I said before, we would make him an official member of the Ghostbloods if he takes the bow so he would get the ghostblood primary object, possibly our secondary, and the thief's secondary objective.

I see the angle you're trying to work here, and I can't blame you for trying. But, it seems a little desperate.

It's not an angle or desperation, just basic strategy. Cover all the bases. There are quite a few elements of luck that come into play at this point in the game. The thief is in a unique position to push the odds one way or another. It would be stupid for me not to make the offer since I'm already out in the open.

those are the only 100% certain Nobles...

Seeing as how I'm the only one of the three of us who knows everyone else's allegiance absolutely... yeah I think I'll stick with my own statement on the matter ;)

Regardless of how things go tonight Macen (and I completely admit it could easily go either way), I'm not so petty as to not give credit where it's due. Your decision to give Wurum your plate was probably the most critical move in the entire game. If you hadn't done that you'd be one more person down. We might have the bow. Wurum wouldn't have put H.'s name in the mix and the votes likely would have gone against Tion or Cara. We would most likely be definitely in the drivers seat in that case so well done on that.

Regardless of how things go tonight Macen (and I completely admit it could easily go either way), I'm not so petty as to not give credit where it's due. Your decision to give Wurum your plate was probably the most critical move in the entire game. If you hadn't done that you'd be one more person down. We might have the bow. Wurum wouldn't have put H.'s name in the mix and the votes likely would have gone against Tion or Cara. We would most likely be definitely in the drivers seat in that case so well done on that.

Amusingly, if Gleeman had stayed inactive, I'd have probably not voted for him and just chalked his lack of appearance up to disinterest and have gone for someone else entirely. It was a lucky lynch, and frankly I'm amazed that it got through in the first place. Not just because there were no calls against Humperdink beforehand, but because you kind of let it develop on its own.

As I said before, we would make him an official member of the Ghostbloods if he takes the bow so he would get the ghostblood primary object, possibly our secondary, and the thief's secondary objective.

I'm going to cut in here and nix this. If the thief chooses to turn traitor, that's his/her decision but s/he is a Noble and if the Nobles lose, s/he loses. S/He cannot be initiated into the eliminator side. That wouldn't be fair for all the games going forward. If s/he turns, and you guys win, s/he does still ultimately lose. Sorry. 

Carry on. :)

I'm going to cut in here and nix this. If the thief chooses to turn traitor, that's his/her decision but s/he is a Noble and if the Nobles lose, s/he loses. S/He cannot be initiated into the eliminator side. That wouldn't be fair for all the games going forward. If s/he turns, and you guys win, s/he does still ultimately lose. Sorry. 

Carry on. :)

I didn't say the GM would announce them winning with us, just that we would consider them one of our own ;) If we take over the country, our opinion on the matter is the only thing that would really matter to our subjects anyway right?  :D

Edit:

Amusingly, if Gleeman had stayed inactive, I'd have probably not voted for him and just chalked his lack of appearance up to disinterest and have gone for someone else entirely. It was a lucky lynch, and frankly I'm amazed that it got through in the first place. Not just because there were no calls against Humperdink beforehand, but because you kind of let it develop on its own.

Yes, as soon as I read that post I thought, oh no, Wurum is going to be all over this. He's had it in for H. for a while and this is the exact same kind of post Wurum confronted him about earlier in the game. The problem though was that Gleemen went MIA after making that post so we couldn't get him to defend himself. You also assume we completely left his death up to chance. I'll let you decide if that's true or not. The problem though was without H.'s help, there was only so much we could do without announcing who the rest of us were should he ultimately get lynched.

I obviously couldn't say anything in his defense (that would have instantly proven he was GB) and the other two had the tough choice of do we let H. die or put ourselves at risk by trying to save him? Ultimately it was way too risky for them to try and overtly deflect attention from him. My late hour post was the last ditch effort to try and get you to panic enough to switch a couple votes and give us the chance to save him with the reverser.

When it was obvious that wasn't going to happen, we ended up just changing your vote away from him so you didn't get the satisfaction of participating in his death :) 

Edited by Awesomeness Summoned

I didn't say the GM would announce them winning with us, just that we would consider them one of our own ;) If we take over the country, our opinion on the matter is the only thing that would really matter to our subjects anyway right?  :D

Heh. True. Still, in terms of keeping score (and I don't know if this person is or not), it would count as a loss. That's really what I was getting at. :)

Yes, as soon as I read that post I thought, oh no, Wurum is going to be all over this. He's had it in for H. for a while and this is the exact same kind of post Wurum confronted him about earlier in the game. The problem though was that Gleemen went MIA after making that post so we couldn't get him to defend himself. You also assume we completely left his death up to chance. I'll let you decide if that's true or not. The problem though was without H.'s help, there was only so much we could do without announcing who the rest of us were should he ultimately get lynched.

I would guess then that your little flunkies (my apologies to those flunkies, nothing personal) weren't able to get on early enough to place a vote for someone else. I was just surprised that everyone jumped on my vote so quickly without any evidence at all rather than a single post. Just to correct you, I didn't have it in for Humperdink, just everyone who wasn't voting. I do find it amusing though that after two weeks of telling him to vote, I ended up lynchtraining him for voting. Please, Gleeman, don't take offence that I seem to always want to kill you >>.

Also... Is it wrong that I'm absolutely loving the fact that I can have a discussion with someone who tried to kill me in the open like this? Imagine the RP. 'Hello, you tried to kill me'. 'Well, you tried to kill me first'. We should have some unkillable evil person in every game :P

Edited by Wyrmhero

Also... Is it wrong that I'm absolutely loving the fact that I can have a discussion with someone who tried to kill me in the open like this?

Yes, despite the setbacks this cycle, I'll admit its rather enjoyable getting to troll the nobles.

We should have some unkillable evil person in every game :P

Stomper can always make more appearances.  ;) 

Just to continue my request to the thief from yesterday, here is an update on the game's situation. If you steel the bow from Wurum, all they can do against us tonight is hope they get lucky with the Soulcaster. Since the Soulcaster only randomly changes one action, even if they make a lucky guess with it, there's still only a one in three chance it will even do anything useful for them. Even then, we have means of protecting ourselves from a single attack so turning one of our own against us probably won't amount to much.

If we are successful with any kills tonight, with you voting with us, we can likely control the votes tomorrow or at the least tie the votes. With the ability for three kills the following night, we win.

If you side with the nobles, your group might still win but will rely on a lot more luck since you don't know exactly what items we have for protection and still don't know for certain who our other members are to use your items on.

Your chances are much better if you are with us and we will happily provide you with whatever additional items you still need to reach your master thief goal.

Siding with the GBs does sound amusing (especially considering I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get the evil role this game or last). It's still a bit risky, but my chances are, as you said, better with the GBs anyway. 

My proposal: I steal the Grandbow tonight as a show of good will. You give me an item you don't need (the items I already have are a half-shard, a reverser, and a painrial). Providing you do this, I cooperate with your votes tomorrow and steal whatever items you ask me to. Sound fair?

Siding with the GBs does sound amusing (especially considering I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get the evil role this game or last). It's still a bit risky, but my chances are, as you said, better with the GBs anyway. 

My proposal: I steal the Grandbow tonight as a show of good will. You give me an item you don't need (the items I already have are a half-shard, a reverser, and a painrial). Providing you do this, I cooperate with your votes tomorrow and steal whatever items you ask me to. Sound fair?

Dammit, Jim. One of the Ghostbloods has a Shardplate, and another a Shardblade. Either of those is worth a kingdom, and I'm sure we'll get our hands on at least one of them by the time this is all over. If you don't steal my bow, then I'm sure we can come to some kind of arrangement over this sort of thing. At the very least, wait one more day and see how things change. After all, we've identified half of them. Who knows what the night will bring? It's not as if we're going to lynch you in the morning, and if they kill you, then its not as if you'd want to steal from them anyway.

And if that didn't convince you, well, I suppose at least it's in the hands of a noble rather than a Ghostblood.

These words are accepted. We'll actually do one better. We need to be using as many actions as possible to better our odds against the soulcaster so we'll attempt to send you two different items we have lying around. Whether they make it to you or not will depend on what the nobles do with the pain knife and reverser but hopefully at least one of the two will make it your way.

One of the Ghostbloods has a Shardplate, and another a Shardblade. Either of those is worth a kingdom, and I'm sure we'll get our hands on at least one of them by the time this is all over.

Two of the nobles have shardplate, and another has a soulcaster. Any of those is worth a kingdom, and I'm sure we'll get our hands on at least one of them by the time this is all over.  :ph34r: