Email List and Submission Dates

Silk

Trizee, Aubrey, you're up for Monday. Aubrey, that should be fine; that isn't too much overlimit and historically, it seems like people have preferred to get slightly longer whole chapters than the same chapter broken up over two weeks.

i have enough submissions to keep submitting every week for a while now so I am going to keep asking to submit- but since I have had the privilege of getting something in every week for the last month please know that if there isn't space I am willing to secede placement in favor of someone who hasn't gone in a while.

That being said. Is there room for this coming monday? Also- I have looked at this chapter. It is a little over 8k - however I can break it into 2 pieces if I absolutely have to.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

Thanks, Aubrey. You're the first one to ask for this week, so unless we get a ton of late requests you should be good to go for Monday.

As for the length question--personally I think 8k words should be alright (though probably not much higher) but maybe the folks who are regularly reading submissions will want to weigh in. (I look forward to the day when I can actually start regularly reading submissions again, but I keep saying that, don't I?)

Alright...no one else has asked yet, so I'll ask to submit chapters 7 and 8 (both together under 5k) on the 18th. If the queue fills up, I'll drop out.

Oh, and personally, I don't mind longer chapters (to a point--15k is probably too much) and I would like to read the whole thing rather than have it broken up.

Edited by Mandamon

If there's enough room, I'd like to submit again tomorrow.

As for the whole length thing, I think the occasional 7 or 8k submission is fine, as long as that doesn't become the norm. I don't think I want to read four 8k submissions every week. Going up to 8k on a single submission is pushing it, I think and once you reach 9k I think it's better off being split in two (and with such a long chapter or story, there probably already is some fairly natural stopping point along which the story can be split).

Mandamon and Syme, you're both good to go tomorrow. Thanks for weighing in re: the length--you both make good points. So Aubrey, I'd say you're good to submit the whole thing, but let's all bear this in mind going forward. :)