Hey thar

Feloxia

Yup. Here I am. I was part of TWG for a few months, but was looking into this forum for a little bit as well. Since TWG is gone now, I decided I should just finally join up.

Uhhhh...I guess I should talk about myself a bit? I am an artist-in-training. I plan to major in illustration (I might do a double major with something else), and I'm starting out at BYUI, but hope to transfer to an art school in a couple years. My AP Art concentration was visual puns, because puns are awesome. Oh yeah, I plan to do a painting of one of the first scenes in Warbreaker. I'm excited to start on that, but it might not be for a while since I'm not good at painting people yet.

Other random things....I like to read, obviously. My favorite animals are elephants, penguins, hippos and (newly added) turtles. I enjoy biking, although I really don't do it much. I like cute things~<3 Oh, and I use that heart thing because it looks like a sideways heart balloon. It's nifty. Feel free to steal its awesomeness.

EDIT:

Is there a way I can connect my tumblrblog to the blog on here?

Edited by Feloxia

Visual puns sound awesome. That must make sarcasm hurt twice as much if you do it visually, right? :P But you're an artist, cool. I totally do not have that skill set at all. So good luck! You will do great!

I'm Eric, I'm the site administrator and the theorymaster. I'm on here way too much to be healthy. So, welcome to 17th Shard! Glad you could make it. I just wish TWG didn't need to die to do it...

As for Tumblr, I've done some Googling, and I don't think so. I mean, it doesn't appear that they have RSS feeds, and if a blog has an RSS feed, that's the easiest way to get it integrated to our Blog program.

Hello Eric~

They were pretty fun to do until the last couple of months. I haven't really picked up a paintbrush since, because I was cramming in a ton of painting to send it all in on time.

Thank you~ I think that some of the themes have an RSS Feed option, so I'll change mine and see if it works.

"Cramming" combined with "painting" sounds like a horrible, horrible thing. :/

And cool, I'm glad some of those themes do. Sorry if I didn't sound terribly helpful there. I've just never used Tumblr before, so I'm fumbling around randomly, and it isn't working too well.

It's almost as if they want to keep traffic on their own site, rather than exporting it to others! Madness! ;)

(It's still annoying for the users, though, regardless of economic reasons.)

As a fellow ex-AP art student, I can commiserate with how cramming and painting go in a sentence together. :lol: Anyway, I also love art and reading (as do many of the other people here, I can attest).

As a wiki admin I feel that I should mention that the wiki needs some more love and attention (read: content) and also it would be really cool if you're into fan art at all, to contribute pictures to articles because most of them sorely need them.

Welcome, welcome!

-Chach

Welcome to 17th shard! I haven't taken the time to read all the rest of the posts (because I'm lazy), but I did read you initial post, and I have to say, i really the visual puns gallery you got there. Puns amuse me greatly, and making them visual = a million times better.

Plus, you appear to be rather handy with a paintbrush, which is something i always admire because i am terrible at painting/drawing.

Thank you~ And yes, puns are very amusing.

...But I don't feel like I'm very good with painting yet--especially after going to tons of museums and galleries these last couple of weeks ;.;

Update: I successfully linked my tumblr to the blog on here :D

Edited by Feloxia

• Chaos locked this topic