[Theory] Taravangian's real way of saving mankind

Raysen_ht

On 4/19/2017 at 11:03 AM, Argent said:

I went there once, I think, and got upset because people (in my eyes) were misinterpreting how the Nightwatcher works :P

Completely agree. The Nightwatcher is so much more complex than a boon/bane vending machine. She's a storming splinter of Cultivation! In my opinion, everybody who goes to the Nightwatcher becomes a part of Cultivation's plan. Lift, for example, is bonded to Wyndle who is litterally a cultivationspren! Some however, are affected more than others. Mr T has been completely used by Cultivation, to the point where I am not sure if he is really is own person anymore.

On 4/19/2017 at 2:03 PM, Argent said:

I went there once, I think, and got upset because people (in my eyes) were misinterpreting how the Nightwatcher works :P

I even posted exactly that, and tried to participate in a way to encourage that, but it never really sunk in to the others.  Oh well.

On 4/21/2017 at 2:05 PM, dyring said:

Also, that Baxil explanation. Thats inworld.

Inworld characters arent always right. Even if its Pov, they might be wrong.  

I am very much aware of this, yes. However, the problem I see within the community is that "inworld knowledge can't always be trusted" is often used as a justification for headcanon. I agree that we can't always trust inworld lore, but when said lore is our only source of information - as is the case with the Nightwatcher's boons and curses - you can't doubt it unless you had a really good reason to (such as some inworld inconsistency that we are aware of but the the characters are not). 

• Chaos locked this topic