Homestuck

KChan

Yeah, act 6 has been great. UU and uu are highly entertaining, and I'm really enjoying the exposition on how the in-game classes work. Also, " Prince of Heart: Rise up." is definitely one of the better flashes in the series, in my opinion.

You've got a little over 300 pages to go, looks like. Problem Sleuth is fun, but I know what you mean about things getting tedious. There were times when I just sort of skimmed the text while rapid-clicking the next button, especially during that last battle. Or switched over to Homestuck for a while. The two actually don't have anything to do with each other (except for the odd reference to Problem Sleuth in the background of Homestuck), so you could read them in any order, or even go back and forth between them.

Indeed it's not. Thankfully...

The taken-over Earth is about to get creamed by meteors anyways, and the pre-Scratch kids are bringing their own, fully-prototyped Battlefield with them, even if it is in rather shabby condition at this point. Also, it's interesting to note that one of the bookshelves the player can examine in " Seer: Descend" mentions the theoretical possibility of adding orbs to the Queen's ring. So who knows what'll happen with that?

Should be interesting to see how things evolve from here. Also:

I am extremely glad that Poppop didn't have a chance to be prototyped. That would have been extremely awkward.

Am I the only one worried that Hussie's about to drop twelve new trolls on us? Like the ancestors while they're not the ancestors? Though that does leave me confused as to who uu and UU might be, because they don't seem to fit any of the ancestors we know so far.

Also, what is up with this intermission? Oh, Hussie. Sometimes I don't understand you at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, double post, I know, but it's been a while and this is about something totally different.

Namely, KChan: did I see you on imreadingthishomestuckthing.tumblr.com? It sure looked like you and I kinda freaked out a little bit! I've been following him since a few hours after his tumblr went up and it's kinda awesome. So, was that you?

Am I the only one worried that Hussie's about to drop twelve new trolls on us? Like the ancestors while they're not the ancestors? Though that does leave me confused as to who uu and UU might be, because they don't seem to fit any of the ancestors we know so far.

Also, what is up with this intermission? Oh, Hussie. Sometimes I don't understand you at all.

I think we may see some 'Alpha' Ancestors, yes, in the same way that Jake, Roxy, etc are the Alpha Kids. As for UU and uu, Kchan told me the popular theory is that they are a '13th' Troll representative of the 13th Zodiac, Serpentarius. This is supported by their icons, UU's 'medical staff' interpretation and uu's '~ over u', the ~ representing the serpentine body of a snake.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Personally all I know about Homestuck comes from the Frozen Synapes fiasco.

Good to see the fanbase has good taste in music at least.

Oh man, the music is legen-and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the last part of that is-dary. Perfect music to write to.

• 2 weeks later...

Months in the past, I had tried to read Homestuck (because I had seen that Sharders liked it), but didn't manage to progress through Act 1, but tried again more recently, and succeeded. It took almost two months, but I caught up to date on 11/11/12 (because arc numbers are important). And I am now very much a fan. Homestuck has the odd effect that, because it references so many things, a mention of those things in any context seems like a Homestuck reference (e.g. card suits, Nic Cage, zodiac signs, buckets...for that matter, caps lock makes me think of Karkat now).

Favorite Beta: Rose

Favorite Troll: Kanaya, with T3r3z1 and Vrisk8 close behind

Favorite Alpha: Jake at the moment, subject to change as they're all rather new characters

Favorite Pre-scratch Troll: Aranea (although for humor, Meulin)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So I'm currently trying homestuck and have just finished act two. I keep hearing that it's going to get better. My question is: in what way? The artwork is fine in its own way, I enjoy much of the video game references/mechanics. What frustrates me is how long it takes for the story to move forward as well as the type of humor being used (which much of the time is too random and base for me to get much of a kick out of it). Do these things improve? I think I could really enjoy it if the humor got a bit smarter.

P.S. On the other side of things, I did enjoy the wandering vagabond and rose sequences (I go back and forth on John's)

Edited by FlashWrogan

• 3 months later...

Well, a year or so later and I've now read Homestuck. Wow. Just, wow.

So I'm currently trying homestuck and have just finished act two. I keep hearing that it's going to get better. My question is: in what way? The artwork is fine in its own way, I enjoy much of the video game references/mechanics. What frustrates me is how long it takes for the story to move forward as well as the type of humor being used (which much of the time is too random and base for me to get much of a kick out of it). Do these things improve? I think I could really enjoy it if the humor got a bit smarter.

P.S. On the other side of things, I did enjoy the wandering vagabond and rose sequences (I go back and forth on John's)

The story moves much more quickly, gets more complex and interesting with less user-suggested timewasting, and more character exploration comes in. The art improves as well, though whether or not you'll like it is up to you.

My favorite character is probably Vriska. Lots of people despise her, but I actually like her. Ever since her little speech on her motives in Act 6, I hope she got at least a few more fans.

Favorite human is a bit harder, but I'll probably go for Roxy as the most kindhearted and nice character. Dave is also pretty cool, with his amazing rambling metaphors.

Anybody hear watch the Let's Read Homestuck videos? It makes the first acts much more tolerable I hear.

EDIT: Woah. Caliborn just Past-Read-my-mind.

Wow.

Edited by Observer

• 1 year later...