Odium’s Sho Del Hit-List

i’m in the details

Alrighty so this theory does not hold much water but I have not seen it anywhere else and I would like to spark discussion.

So we know from a recent wob that Ambition’s Vessel was a Sho Del. I for one had always speculated this was the case as the name seemed atypical compared to most of the vessels who have been name dropped. That said it occurred to me, whilst I reminisced on my hunt for the Sho Del shard or shards, that perhaps Aona and Skai were Sho Del by no other reason than my warped perception of their names and the fact that Rayse wanted them out of the way along with Uli Da. So the theory is that Odium is hunting the Sho Del shards for reasons unknown. I’d love to hear your thoughts and criticisms!

Edited by i’m in the details

Sho Del naming structure should all be two word like Uli Da... 

But Rayse "reasoning" doesn't exclude anyone. 

Valhalla (paraphrased)

Did Odium Splinter all the Shards for the same reason?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

No. Some Shards he Splintered because he feared the Shard itself, and some Shards he targeted because he feared the Vessel. He was working his way down his list in order of the Shards and Vessels he felt would be most dangerous to his plans until he got stuck on Roshar.

source

On 9/4/2018 at 0:23 AM, Draginon said:

We don't really know what a Sho Del is and what they can do. Whatever they are being one alone put Ambition at the top of the list for whatever reason. I just hope we get the reasoning of Odium's list in Dragonsteel.

I think it's pretty clear that Ambition was number one on the list due to her Intent, not her race.  

Edited by Scion of the Mists
Mixed up Uli Da's gender

6 minutes ago, Scion of the Mists said:

I think it's pretty clear that Ambition was number one on the list due to his Intent, not his race.  

I don't really see what's so dangerous about Ambition itself, at least according to Odium. Is it explained better in the AU essays or is it more WOB?

7 minutes ago, Draginon said:

I don't really see what's so dangerous about Ambition itself, at least according to Odium. Is it explained better in the AU essays or is it more WOB?

I mean, if any of the Shards is going to stand up to Odium's plan, or launch their own, it'd be the Ambitious one.  

Argent

Some of the few Shards Rayse Splintered included Ambition, I believe, Dominion, and Devotion.

Brandon Sanderson

Yes.

Argent

And those were all way back, in the history. So, we know that the Shards' personalities overrides the Vessel's personality over time?

Brandon Sanderson

Strongly influence, and depending on the individual, override.

Argent

Okay. So did Rayse choose those Shards because--

Brandon Sanderson

He went after Ambition first, but didn't find Ambition until after going after Devotion and Dominion. But Ambition was number one on his hit list.

Argent

Was it because of the Shard or because of the Vessel? Like did he hate the person?

Brandon Sanderson

In this case it was the Shard, primarily, that drove him--

Argent

Oh, he was maybe afraid the Shard would grow too powerful and take over--

Brandon Sanderson

He was afraid that this Shard that would rival him. And so he's like "This one is number one on the hit list. We're taking down Ambition." But then he got trapped in the Rosharan system.

source

2 hours ago, Scion of the Mists said:

I mean, if any of the Shards is going to stand up to Odium's plan, or launch their own, it'd be the Ambitious one.  

When you think about what ambition means I guess that makes sense, though that would mean she would absolutely be against him instead of being a potential ally since ambition is all about achieving a goal/dream and since the Splintering of Ambition was shortly after the Shattering I doubt Uli Da was completely taken by her Intent yet

• Chaos locked this topic