Axies the Collector

LinkasZelda

DID ANYBODY ELSE LOVE THIS GUY!?

Seriously, of all of the interludes, Axies was the only one I remembered long after my first read-through of WoK. He's hilarious and I really wanted to see more of him. His work is so interesting!
(Axies is the guy who wakes up butt naked in an alley when trying to discover if Alespren exist. He can manipulate his physical appearance and documents his research on his skin)

And then I read WoR and realized:

He's in an interlude again! Although it's not explicitly mentioned, I have a very strong belief that he's the Aimian mentioned in Rysns interlude when she is on the Greatshell island. On her way to meet with the one she's supposed to make the trade with, Rysn passes by an Aimian man hanging by his feet(iirc?). The personality fits right. There isn't a huge dialogue, but given that Axies is the only other Aimian we've had any real encounters with, I feel like this is too random of a connection to NOT be him. Words could not describe my joy of having him put in the series again, regardless of how slight his addition is.

Did he stand out for anybody else?

Yes! I believe there is another thread floating around here about favorite Stormlight characters. Mine are Kaladin, Syl, and Axies. Axies because he's so crazy and colorful. Could he be a KR? He sounds like a Willshaper: "'capricious, frustrating, unreliable'" and "inconsistent in temperament save for a general love of adventure, novelty, or oddity."

Lift is an interesting one, too. At first I was annoyed with her, but after re-reading her section she has grown on me. As an Edgedancer, she is supposedly able to "ride the thinnest rope at speed, dance across rooftops, move through a battlefield like a ribbon on the wind." I think she will be a favorite of mine when she is older and we get to see her fight in battle (hopefully!) in the 2nd half of the 10 books. I hope Axies gets his own book as well in the 2nd story arc.

Wasn't fond of Lift at first but she grows on you :)

Axies on the other hand just seems so awesome to me!!

Hope Kaladin runs into either of these characters when he goes to Hearthstone and Kholinar.

It's more likely that Dalinar will go to Azir to organise an alliance with their new government and encounter Lift. His mission is to find the other Surgebinders and unite humanity, after all.

Wasn't fond of Lift at first but she grows on you :)

Axies on the other hand just seems so awesome to me!!

Hope Kaladin runs into either of these characters when he goes to Hearthstone and Kholinar.

I trust you are not saying that Axies is more awesome than Lift? By our current definitions, this is impossible. :)

And then I read WoR and realized:

He's in an interlude again! Although it's not explicitly mentioned, I have a very strong belief that he's the Aimian mentioned in Rysns interlude when she is on the Greatshell island. On her way to meet with the one she's supposed to make the trade with, Rysn passes by an Aimian man hanging by his feet(iirc?). The personality fits right. There isn't a huge dialogue, but given that Axies is the only other Aimian we've had any real encounters with, I feel like this is too random of a connection to NOT be him. Words could not describe my joy of having him put in the series again, regardless of how slight his addition is.

I too loved Axies, and hope we see more of him! However...

I have it in my mind, though this could be totally wrong and I don't have my book to read that section again, that the Aimian in the Rysn interlude was of the other type, not the one Axies is. I could have made that up, though.

Edited by GreyPilgrim

I too loved Axies, and hope we see more of him! However...

I have it in my mind, though this could be totally wrong and I don't have my book to read that section again, that the Aimian in the Rysn interlude was of the other type, not the one Axies is. I could have made that up, though.

Brandon has confirmed that that is Axies.

I trust you are not saying that Axies is more awesome than Lift? By our current definitions, this is impossible. :)

I think that's subjective! Lift is obviously more relevant but personality wise, I still prefer Axies. Also the Aimian ability is very very neat.

I'm glad it was confirmed that the two Aimians we see are the same! Much joy. Such happy. What Aimian. Wow.

• 2 weeks later...

I think that's subjective! Lift is obviously more relevant but personality wise, I still prefer Axies. Also the Aimian ability is very very neat.

I'm glad it was confirmed that the two Aimians we see are the same! Much joy. Such happy. What Aimian. Wow.

Oh Stormfather, Doge has been brought to Roshar

• 4 weeks later...

I think it's just that there powers are similar, not that they're actually linked together. Similarly to how Yolish lightweaving- which is what Hoid uses- is different, but related to Rosharan lightweaving.

• Chaos locked this topic