Records were meant to be broken

Eerongal

Sad that that had to be the cause. But at least this means that people are visiting us, so it bodes well for keeping the community itself alive, which is the most important thing. :) Also, 77 members online in the past 25 hours. Just, wow.

Past 24 hours has been 92 users, I could have sworn it said 97 a few hours ago. I remember when it would rarely top 12.

I know I saw it get up to 95. Thought I would have seen it if it got up to 97, though.

This is crazy, activity-wise. I thought it would decrease back down to 70 like yesterday, but nope...

IPB doesn't keep track of the Users on in the past 24 hours. It's a mod. However, we do have other stats. Like post stats. Today is the record, by a large margin, and the day isn't over yet.

It'd be better to look at the data usage stats at the end of next month; since the transition happened toward the end of this month, the graph really isn't all that impressive right now, because it's averaging in the rest of August as well. So we'll update you in a month. ;)

Well. On the 24th (when the announcement happened) we did get 83,660 hits, which is two to two and a half times the usual. So already August has the second most hits ever, as well as the second most uniques. And it's been two days...

post-1-0-13050100-1314341433_thumb.jpg

That spike on the 20th was in bandwidth, for the signing report. Otherwise, there was a dramatic boost on the 24th. Interesting that the 25th didn't have as much, considering we had an insane amount of posts.

Chaos, I've seen you mention the quality of the server in the past. Do you think the site will be moving to a new server at any point in the near future? (I was getting some 502s and 504s last night while trying to do some article editing.) If we consistently have more traffic, that might be a heavier burden to the hardware.

I'm not Chaos, but I'll answer anyways because I got here first. :P It's been a concern amongst the staff for some time now, and we do plan on getting a better server. Unfortunately, that costs money, which means it won't be happening right away. One of these days, though!

Yeah, from what I know of it, it's been a combination of both time (to do the moving and conversion) and money (potential upgrading costs), really. I know Chaos has been working with what we have to minimize such occurrences, but there's only so much you can do when the physical hardware is an issue. I'm sure if it gets too bad we'll work something out.

• 3 weeks later...