2 minutes ago, Ookla the Lurker said:

One of the characters I made for Edmonton still hasn't made an appearance, I'd be very interested to see how Kokichi interacts with them.

They could be suddenly interested in going for donuts. 
Can we use "going for donuts" as a euphemism for getting into a socially awkward and/or really dang weird situation from now on?

Just now, winter devotion said:

They could be suddenly interested in going for donuts. 
Can we use "going for donuts" as a euphemism for getting into a socially awkward and/or really dang weird situation from now on?

Or can we assume that one of the other patrons in this shop is the Epic who keeps passively drawing new Epics from all around the country to him?
First he was in the Museum of Natural Awesomeness in Portland, now he's in the donut shop in Edmonton.

I like to think he has no idea what his power is and is just confused as to the amount of coincidences that occur around him which lead Epics into meeting each other.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Lurker said:

Or can we assume that one of the other patrons in this shop is the Epic who keeps passively drawing new Epics from all around the country to him?
First he was in the Museum of Natural Awesomeness in Portland, now he's in the donut shop in Edmonton.

I like to think he has no idea what his power is and is just confused as to the amount of coincidences that occur around him which lead Epics into meeting each other.

This is a very valid idea. What's his name?
EDIT: Wait-- It's gonna be whatever Magneto's human name is! 

Edited by winter devotion

3 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

This is a very valid idea. What's his name?
EDIT: Wait-- It's gonna be whatever Magneto's human name is! 

According to most sources, his name—or the one he adopted—is Erik Lensherr. So. There you go. 

I like the idea of him sitting in the basement of whatever building is drawing all the interesting characters, eating Funyuns and wondering if he ought to go upstairs and join the party. :P

Also…okay, I googled "pug party" and the video that came up made me laugh pretty hard, but also had a lot of Shard-unfriendly language. So, in the spirit of my 20,000th post demanding celebration, have an angry husky. 

Spoiler

….and the only acceptable version of "All I Want for Christmas" alongside the MCR cover.

…and a pug screaming the name of a hero. 

10 minutes ago, DirtyOoklafaceFullOfLame said:

According to most sources, his name—or the one he adopted—is Erik Lensherr. So. There you go. 

I like the idea of him sitting in the basement of whatever building is drawing all the interesting characters, eating Funyuns and wondering if he ought to go upstairs and join the party. :P

Also…okay, I googled "pug party" and the video that came up made me laugh pretty hard, but also had a lot of Shard-unfriendly language. So, in the spirit of my 20,000th post demanding celebration, have an angry husky. 

Reveal hidden contents

….and the only acceptable version of "All I Want for Christmas" alongside the MCR cover.

…and a pug screaming the name of a hero. 

I had no idea what a funyun was until I googled this. I'm not sure if they're amazing or terrible. Why is that my reaction to every american snack food?

1 minute ago, winter devotion said:

Yeah, no, I mean "I just nervous" doesn't make much sense gramatically. 

It can if you're so nervous you forgot how to grammar. :P 

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Palindrome said:

Nate has responded to Liam. He also stepped in it and revealed that he's an Epic.

And the only thing I can picture Jade doing is this: 

Spoiler

So, there'll need to be something else keeping her from running out of the donut shop. Someone grabbing her arm and offering some sort of argument should do, but…seriously, she's not going to like this.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Lurker said:

I had no idea what a funyun was until I googled this. I'm not sure if they're amazing or terrible. Why is that my reaction to every american snack food?

Because we're good at creating snacks that straddle the line between "delicious enough to make the angels sing" and "liable to summon an eldritch horror from the depths"? 

(Though in fairness, I've never tried Funyuns. Pizza rolls are more my thing. :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, DirtyOoklafaceFullOfLame said:

It can if you're so nervous you forgot how to grammar. :P 

And the only thing I can picture Jade doing is this: 

Reveal hidden contents

So, there'll need to be something else keeping her from running out of the donut shop. Someone grabbing her arm and offering some sort of argument should do, but…seriously, she's not going to like this.

Because we're good at creating snacks that straddle the line between "delicious enough to make the angels sing" and "liable to summon an eldritch horror from the depths"? 

(Though in fairness, I've never tried Funyuns. Pizza rolls are more my thing. :ph34r:

What about if even more Epics showed up. Would that make her like it more? :P

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Lurker said:

Oooh, this is a perfect time for Nighthound to be resurrected. :D

What Happened in Edmonton: It Can Only Get Worse

@DirtyOoklafaceFullOfLame

Not my best drawing ever— but here’s a Funtimes and a vaguely ominous shadowy representation of the corruption. Arms are hard. Hands are worse.

Spoiler

B0439EA1-CAD3-4CE2-B5BD-4B83867E86D9.thumb.jpeg.8eab8b0ed9377adf3895b550e5dd47dc.jpeg

Oh. Grammar. Yes...

I just forgot to put that back in after I adjusted the wording.

Also, I don't really know what's going to happen with that, sorry if it ruins things. I can change it, but... It doesn't fit Nate's character to leave something like that out, even if he tries. Unless she stays to avoid walking into him - she has no idea what kind if Epic he is, after all - and does want to teleport away for fear of the revealing herself. That, might work...?

23 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

What Happened in Edmonton: It Can Only Get Worse

@DirtyOoklafaceFullOfLame

Not my best drawing ever— but here’s a Funtimes and a vaguely ominous shadowy representation of the corruption. Arms are hard. Hands are worse.

Reveal hidden contents

B0439EA1-CAD3-4CE2-B5BD-4B83867E86D9.thumb.jpeg.8eab8b0ed9377adf3895b550e5dd47dc.jpeg

I have heard tales from artists about the difficulties of drawing hands and arms, so no worries. And I like it. I like the sinister, claustrophobic feel to it. 

21 minutes ago, Ookla the Palindrome said:

Oh. Grammar. Yes...

I just forgot to put that back in after I adjusted the wording.

Also, I don't really know what's going to happen with that, sorry if it ruins things. I can change it, but... It doesn't fit Nate's character to leave something like that out, even if he tries. Unless she stays to avoid walking into him - she has no idea what kind if Epic he is, after all - and does want to teleport away for fear of the revealing herself. That, might work...?

Oh no, no need to change it. Nate’s reaction is going to spark conflict and conflict is good in a story. Just warning you that Jade’s response probably won’t be an especially calm one. :)

Just now, Ookla the Lurker said:

So that's a yes to more Epics/Calamity/Nighthound? :P

More Epics, possibly. Calamity would just scowl and be emo at everyone, so why not. I feel morally obligated to say "NO ABSOLUTELY NOT NO NO NO NO NO" to anything involving Nighthound, unless that thing happens to be his death. :P 

1 minute ago, DirtyOoklafaceFullOfLame said:

With David and Megan introducing Calamity to the horrors of jelly-filled donuts while Obliteration ramps up the terror with freshly grilled chestburgers? 

I think that facing Obliterations chestburgers is how Calamity becomes Redeemed.