[OB] Dalinar as God?

Katy

So I’ve been thinking a lot about the whole overall Cosmere plot. And I was thinking that instead of Dalinar uniting all of Roshar, that in actuality he is supposed to unite all 16 shards. I feel like Dalinar would be perfect for this, as he has been both extreme evil and good. He’s been the prime example for both. I feel like this would make him a great character to be a god. Wit even mentions this, saying the original gods name, and then saying what would it be like to rip a man apart, and then put him back together. Any thoughts? Do you guys think it’s likely? 

I'll admit that I've had that same thought before. I came to the conclusion that these messages must be from Honor, as is essentially confirmed, and Honor wouldn't want Dalinar to Unite the Shards. But I don't think that Honor was talking about uniting the tribes of Alethkar, or all of Roshar, like he has thought. I think he is tasked with uniting the 10 orders of nights Radiant, because unless the Orders are all united, they stand no chance against Odium.

Here's the thing though. That may come to problems, when it comes time to unite the rest of the Skybreakers. Seeing as their leader has been trying to stop the radiants from returning. 

Plus Sazed already has a head start. He has two shards already!

Edited by Cadmium Compounder

26 minutes ago, Katy said:

Oh really! I’m sorry! I’m new to this site! I didn’t see that! 

Don't worry, you're good. I reported the post, but that doesn't seem to be working, so @Pagerunner I saw you were online a little bit ago, do you think you could move this to OB spoilers? Do you think it needs to be moved there?

2 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Don't worry, you're good. I reported the post, but that doesn't seem to be working, so @Pagerunner I saw you were online a little bit ago, do you think you could move this to OB spoilers? Do you think it needs to be moved there?

Either OB spoilers or Cosmere Theories.

Back to topic:

I think it's likely for Dalinar to become a god, it feels like he's being actively prepared for the "task".

The only thing that makes me a bit uneasy is the fact that so much points to him becoming one. It feels like I'm missing something, like he's just the Pathfinder, the tool and in the end it will be completely someone else and he'll become someone else entirely.

Does it seem that Dalinar will take up such an important role? Other that "Unite Them" I can't see any other hints to this (Although I've only read the SA once, reread currently undergoing). It would be a great concept and would add to an endgame and a total epic showdown there are still 7 books to go through.

• Chaos locked this topic