Question about Spren

Bigmikey357

Question

Ok something just occurred to me. There have been Spren that have bonded multiple Radients including Stormfather. We know that unless precautions are taken the Spren lose themselves when inhabiting the Physical Realm until bonded. My question is, are they completely blank slated to the point where they permanently forget their former bondmates and the experiences they had? Are their memories kept in trust until they can access them again or do their fellow Spren sort of fill them in once they regain the capacity to remember again? I know that Connection tells them a lot of things about their Bondmates but does it tell them about themselves as well?

3 answers to this question

They're memories return with the bond. Syl says that she has helped men kill before. 

OB spoilers. 

Spoiler

And she remembers her previous bond, to an elderly man who died just before the Recreance. 

As their memories return, they regain everything. 

So where are those memories when they don't have access to them? Are they stored in the SR, to be regained as their Connection is restored through their Nahel bond? Do they have the memories in their heads and transfer into the PR locks them behind a wall? 

OB Spoilers

Spoiler

Is it like what We see in OB, where what we see of regular spren in the PR is only a part of what that Spren looks like and the entire picture lies in the Cognitive? In that scenario a Nahel Spren's memory is left behind when it crosses over to the Physical and what we see when the Spren first appears is like the tongues of anticipation spren as seen in the PR, a small piece of something much larger.

I think that's pretty much it.

Spren normally exist with no physical aspect. When they cross over, theyve basically stretched themselves to thin, so what they are can't support both their physical presence and their mind. 

As the bond develops and basically merges the souls of the person and spren, I think the Spren are basically piggybacking on the Physical connection of their knight, allowing their mind to become more and more as it was previously.