Favorite Quotes

11 hours ago, Gray to said:

"Honor is dead, but I'll see what I can do." It was the first quote to make me actually send chills down my spine. 

I love this part a lot. Honestly just a lot of things with Dalinar are good. And Kelsier

“At first glance, the key and the lock it fits may seem very different,” Sazed said. “Different in shape, different in function, different in design. The man who looks at them without knowledge of their true nature might think them opposites, for one is meant to open, and the other to keep closed. Yet, upon closer examination, he might see that without one, the other becomes useless. The wise man then sees that both lock and key were created for the same purpose.”

-Mistborn 2 

Saze talking about the way Vin and Elend complement each other.

Edited by Emily

some of my favorites: 

"The nature of the world is that when we create something, we often destroy something else in the process" - from The Hero of Ages

"The right belief is like a good cloak, I think. If it fits you well, it keeps you warm and safe. The wrong fit however, can suffocate" -The Final Empire 

"Expectations were like fine pottery. The harder you held them, the more likely they were to crack." - from The Way of Kings 

"Expectation. That is true art. If you can give a man more than he expects, then he will laud you his entire life." - from Words of Radiance 

and of course:

"Above silence, the illuminating storms—dying storms—illuminate the silence above" - from The Way of Kings (chills every time!) 

Edited by fractal

• Chaos locked this topic