[OB] Worldhopper Cob?

c4m

So I just finished Oathbringer, and at the very very end, I noticed that the parshwomen hoid gives the child to's husband's name is cob. his name is only mentioned once. In the bands of mourning, brandon gives wax's coachman cob one of the little descriptions he gives worldhoppers. I originally thought of this as a mistake, but after the confirmation(well, rafo) of two worldhoppers who's names were only mentioned once, I started to suspect. Any thoughts?

Wow nice find! Well, it isn't confirmed yet but it seems like the case. It fits in the timeline too, Era 2 takes place after book 5 of Stormlight I think, so maybe he just got sick of the world ending and figured out how to world hop?

Edited by JoelyWoely

On 1.4.2018 at 7:16 PM, c4m said:

So I just finished Oathbringer, and at the very very end, I noticed that the parshwomen hoid gives the child to's husband's name is cob. his name is only mentioned once. In the bands of mourning, brandon gives wax's coachman cob one of the little descriptions he gives worldhoppers.

Nice find, but unfortunately I don't think that the coachman could be the Alethi Cob. Alethi, after all, are supposed to be very tall even for Rosharans, who tend to be taller than other folks from the Cosmere because of their low gravity - 0.7 Earth standard, IIRC. Most confirmed worldhoppers in SA are desribed as noticeably "short" - Felt, for instance, only comes up to Dalinar's chest, yet he was completely unremarkable in Mistborn 1. And those who aren't, like Hoid and certain Nalthians, have known illusion and/or body-changing abilities.

Yet here is what is said of coachman Cob in the chapter 3 of BoM:

"Cob, the new coachman, to hop down and yank open the carriage door. There was a frantic eagerness to the little man’s motions..."

Cob is short even by Scadrial standards, he would have seemed like a literal "little person" in Alethkar, but there is no mention of him appearing as such in "Oathbringer".

On 4/10/2018 at 9:02 AM, supersmith said:

Wait where did it say that? 

"

“Kheni’s husband took him by the arm, smiling. “Can you not stay a little longer?”
“I should think you are the first to ever ask me that, Cob,” Wit said. “And in truth, the sentiment frightens me.”

Excerpt From
Oathbringer
Brandon Sanderson
https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/oathbringer/id1198279804?mt=11
This material may be protected by copyright."

• 2 weeks later...

:(

Questioner [PENDING REVIEW]

There's a character in Bands of Mourning named Cob and there's also a character named Cob in the Oathbringer Epilogue.  Are those two the same person?

Brandon Sanderson [PENDING REVIEW]

Nope.  Good question.

source

• Chaos locked this topic