Finally got an account!

Ashspren

I can’t choose! Sanderson is an amazing author.

I love the Stormlight Archive, because there’s so much to theorize about. But I also love Mistborn— Vin is such a good character.

Those two series are probably my favorites, but I definitely can’t choose one book.

Welcome, @Ashspren! Have some upvotes! All I require is that you do yourself a favor and under no circumstances give away your breath- at least, not until you've learned enough about how the DA works...

What's your opinion on the Drominad system? What do you know about Patji and Avatars? I need a friend to talk about Patji with :P

18 minutes ago, Aurora the Rioter said:

Welcome to the Shard @Ashspren!

I feel you about Mistborn.  It’s my favorite as well.  I also can’t decide which of those books is the best.

Have you read Secret History?  I know some people don’t know about it, so I try to spread the word.

P.S. Beware of cookies, unless you want to be spiked. 

Thanks, @Aurora the Rioter!

Even though I still haven’t read Bands of Mourning, I have read Secret History. I honestly missed Kelsier too much to care, lol...

16 minutes ago, Prince Dusty said:

Welcome, @Ashspren! Have some upvotes! All I require is that you do yourself a favor and under no circumstances give away your breath- at least, not until you've learned enough about how the DA works...

What's your opinion on the Drominad system? What do you know about Patji and Avatars? I need a friend to talk about Patji with :P

Hi @Prince Dusty!

I haven’t read Sixth of the Dusk... yet. I’m trying, though! 

P.s.— what is the DA? I know giving Breath away is from Warbreaker...

@Ashspren DA is the Dark Alley... they're a cult(they call themselves a guild but don't be deceived) that intends to hemalurgically spike everyone on the site by giving them hemalurgically spiked cookies and then steal their Breaths.

As you can imagine, it's quite popular.

Ah, I assumed so, it seems that no one's read Sixth of the Dusk except for the important people and they're too busy to talk to me lol It's by far my favorite novella he's written and you should read it as soon as you get the chance!

4 minutes ago, Prince Dusty said:

@Ashspren DA is the Dark Alley... they're a cult(they call themselves a guild but don't be deceived) that intends to hemalurgically spike everyone on the site by giving them hemalurgically spiked cookies and then steal their Breaths.

As you can imagine, it's quite popular.

Ah, I assumed so, it seems that no one's read Sixth of the Dusk except for the important people and they're too busy to talk to me lol It's by far my favorite novella he's written and you should read it as soon as you get the chance!

Thanks for the heads-up about the DA. And I’ll definitely read Sixth of the Dusk when I get the chance!

9 hours ago, Prince Dusty said:

Ouch. That wounds me more then all the spikes that I shoved into my heart. We are a business company with a large R&D division. Or a science lab with a small marketing division, depending on how you look at it. Nothing sinister about it. Would a cult let one of the newest recruits leave? I don't think so.

11 hours ago, Ashspren said:

Thanks, @Aurora the Rioter!

Even though I still haven’t read Bands of Mourning, I have read Secret History. I honestly missed Kelsier too much to care, lol...

Haha yeah I also read Secret History before Bands.  I don’t really think it’s that too big of a deal. Kelsier is pretty awesome.  Bands is pretty good, better than Shadows of Self. 

18 minutes ago, Aurora the Rioter said:

Haha yeah I also read Secret History before Bands.  I don’t really think it’s that too big of a deal. Kelsier is pretty awesome.  Bands is pretty good, better than Shadows of Self. 

Good to hear- Shadows of Self was good (well, obviously, Sanderson wrote it), but it definitely wasn’t my favorite.

I’ve read SotD as well.

Also, @Ashspren I feel like our usernames go together well.

Don’t judge me over it, but I personally enjoyed Shadows of Self more than Bands of Mourning. Not trying to enforce my viewpoint on anybody, but that’s just me. 

Good choice with the cookies and your Breath, the Dark Alley can be a dangerous place.

@Mistspren I know, right? I've been looking for other spren. I know there's an Inkspren somewhere...

I haven't read SoS yet, so I have no idea how good it is compared to BoM. Even if it's not as good, I'm still definitely going to read it, even if it's just so that I can read Book 4 of Wax and Wayne, which is coming out this year.