"Sleep My Baby Dear" But in Hebrew

Stormwatcher

So basically my native Language is Hebrew so I'm reading the books in Hebrew. I really love composing and making music so the moment I'v seen that there are Lyrics to a song In WoR I knew I had to do it. So here it is, I hope you enjoy it and please comment what you thought of it despite the language barrier.

I want to also share how amazing and strong the secend appearance of this song was for me,  after I'v already composed it and read the words with my tune.

Edited by Stormwatcher
to share a story!

3 hours ago, Stormwatcher said:

So basically my native Language is Hebrew so I'm reading the books in Hebrew. I really love composing and making music so the moment I'v seen that there are Lyrics to a song In WoR I knew I had to do it. So here it is, I hope you enjoy it and please comment what you thought of it despite the language barrier.

I want to also share how amazing and strong the secend appearance of this song was for me,  after I'v already composed it and read the words with my tune.

Being someone who is familiar with both english and hebrew I can honestly say that there is something truly haunting and appropriate about this rendition of the lullaby.

9 hours ago, Andy92 said:

That's really cool! Given the Arabic/Asian influences found in the series, I think performing a song in Hebrew feels like a very natural sound. 

I'm glad you liked it (:

But Hebrew Is Jewish, not Arabic\Asian, But I get how to someone who doesn't speak nether  Hebrew can sound a lot like Arabic.. 

6 hours ago, Stormwatcher said:

I'm glad you liked it (:

But Hebrew Is Jewish, not Arabic\Asian, But I get how to someone who doesn't speak nether  Hebrew can sound a lot like Arabic.. 

I mean, I guess I should know the difference between the two given that I grew up in a Christian church lol. I do know Hebrew is Jewish, but I kind of assumed the language had at least some phonic similarities to Arabic. But I haven't studied the languages or anything myself, just thought the language fit the vibe of SA was all. :D

9 hours ago, Andy92 said:

I mean, I guess I should know the difference between the two given that I grew up in a Christian church lol. I do know Hebrew is Jewish, but I kind of assumed the language had at least some phonic similarities to Arabic. But I haven't studied the languages or anything myself, just thought the language fit the vibe of SA was all. :D

No you're right. Hebrew and Arabic are very close related, they are both semitic languages and their structure is very similar. It is absolutely understandable why someone would confuse them, I'm sure they sound the same to someone who doesn't know them.

Onto the subject I really liked it! It does have that haunting feel to it like nathranking said! Gave me goosebumps!

• 4 weeks later...
On 21 February 2018 at 9:59 PM, Stormwatcher said:

This is hauntingly beautiful. 

11 hours ago, Raykoda said:

RE: Jewish != Arabic, there's this reddit post that I thought I would never see in my life.  So it's still appropriate, nevertheless. 

Nitpick aside, this is not really my kind of thing but still cool.  

Ive thought that Alethi sounds like Hebrew from the very beginning!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic