Is it wrong that I want to keep two copies of TWoK?

HardcorePooka

I'm doing the same thing. The copy I bought yesterday is for reading. The copy I buy at the "Chicago" signing will be for... um.. signing.

And I can't speak for the rest of the staff on this, but that is probably the case. Of course, some of them got ARCs...

No highlighters here, yet, despite the multiple copies in my possession. I'll be waiting for the paperback before that's even considered, but that's just me.

Yeah, the hardback is too pretty to deface.

who comprises the staff? and how can one pursue a position as one?

The staff is Rubix (Josh), firstRainbowRose (Mi'chelle), Shivertongue (Will), Ryan, and I. [Note to Josh, has Chris even registered here yet? What a slacker ;)] Our getting of ARCs is independent of being on the staff of this site.

Sick and wrong, dude. Sick and wrong. ;)

I could see having one to loan and one to keep. All my BS books but Warbreaker are on loan, so if I want to look stuff up I'm stuck. Hasn't really been an issue, but with WoK it might be. Maybe I'll just refuse to loan this one...

No highlighters here, yet, despite the multiple copies in my possession. I'll be waiting for the paperback before that's even considered, but that's just me.

The staff is Rubix (Josh), firstRainbowRose (Mi'chelle), Shivertongue (Will), Ryan, and I. [Note to Josh, has Chris even registered here yet? What a slacker ;)] Our getting of ARCs is independent of being on the staff of this site.

No i know, I just want to know how one persues staffdom.

The staff is Rubix (Josh), firstRainbowRose (Mi'chelle), Shivertongue (Will), Ryan, and I. [Note to Josh, has Chris even registered here yet? What a slacker :P] Our getting of ARCs is independent of being on the staff of this site.

If you'll fix the session timeout bug in this here forum, I'd take you. (Seriously. I had to delete cookies twice just to make this post. Frickin' Eric. ;D)

Joking aside, I'm afraid staffdom is by invitation only. You have to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, which is what happened to me.

The staff is Rubix (Josh), firstRainbowRose (Mi'chelle), Shivertongue (Will), Ryan, and I. [Note to Josh, has Chris even registered here yet? What a slacker :P] Our getting of ARCs is independent of being on the staff of this site.

If you'll fix the session timeout bug in this here forum, I'd take you. (Seriously. I had to delete cookies twice just to make this post. Frickin' Eric. ;D)

Joking aside, I'm afraid staffdom is by invitation only. You have to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, which is what happened to me.

Or have an incredibly useful skill that we can exploit. Such as being able to make awesome code (Ryan), make awesome graphics (myself) or... um... come to think, what does everyone else do?  ???

Kidding, of course. All the staff have jobs that they do awesomely, and the site couldn't be here without all of us.

I expect, though, that as the site grows we'll have need for additional moderators and whatnot, which will likely be picked by long-time members who have distinguished themselves in some way. It's probably something we'll have to discuss amongst ourselves at some point.

• 6 years later...

I have never written in a book other than workbooks. I can't stand it. But I would love to have a condensed copy, normal paperback and hardcover, preferably with the hardcover signed. That goes for both of the books plus Oathbringer, when it comes out.

I have enough notes and Coppermind quotes written in mine that I'm running out of margins. It helps me polish my theories and see connections i didn't see before, as does listening to the audiobooks. If i ever get the chance to get to a signing, I'll buy new copies to get signed. I don't like the idea of ordering signed copies, takes away from the experience I think.  

I just have the paperbacks of TWoK and WoR, which I've reread and am annotating now that I'm cosmere aware. I'm not a highlighter person, but I do suggest getting a copy to scribble, underline, and dogear. Everything makes SO much more sense when you write stuff down.

• Chaos locked this topic