Seattle signing: RENARIN WILL HAVE A BOOK!

JamHeretic

Awesome, I would love to read more about him.

So the most likely characters to get a book in the second half are Renarin, Lift, and Taln? Just a guess.

Words of Radiance

I would really like it if Jasnah could get her own a book also, assuming if she is still alive after the first 5 books.

So is this definite confirmation that there will be 10 different flashback characters? Also, we already know what Dalinar's wife's name is from the 103% accurate post. It is revealed to actually be shshshshsh in book 3.

I wouldn't be surprised if each flashback character did represent an order of Radiants. Yes, we know that so far Listeners can't be Radiants, but maybe something will happen that will change the rules of the game. Here's hoping, at least, I feel awful for the Parshendi. 

So is this definite confirmation that there will be 10 different flashback characters? Also, we already know what Dalinar's wife's name is from the 103% accurate post. It is revealed to actually be shshshshsh in book 3.

A while back Brandon was toying with the idea of having one or two characters have a second set of flashback (Kaladin was one of them). As far as I know he hasn't officially scrapped this idea.

A while back Brandon was toying with the idea of having one or two characters have a second set of flashback (Kaladin was one of them). As far as I know he hasn't officially scrapped this idea.

I like the version: one POV-character - one book better.

And to the question which character will get an own book:

http://www.theoryland.com/intvmain.php?i=612#7

I think the characters on this list can likely have an own book....except we already have 2 new faces on the list: Eshonai and Renarin

I know who I would like to see have a book in the Stormlight Archive - Galivar. Perhaps the last one in the series, to answer the final questions about how it all started.

I'm definitely looking forward to reading Szeth's story, although I believe I've pieced together at least some of what happened for him to be made Truthless. Not going to share here though - wrong thread.

These aren't suggestions, all have been confirmed by Brandon. At one point he mentioned another Herald or a second Kaladin book, but there's no room with all the ones explicitly confirmed. Navani used to have a book too, until it was tossed out because it treaded much of the same ground Dalinar's book will cover.

Oh, I was looking forward for a Navani and/or Adolin book as well. :( But you are right with the "same ground as Dalinar".

When does he mentioned the Lift book and skipped the one with Navani? I somehow missed that interview/Q&A

Ditto with Argent. When did we hear about flashback-Lift? She didn't strike me as a very good candidate for that, considering how she's somewhat... young. I mean, if Rall Elorim is that important, sure, I guess, but I don't see her as adding very much to the party.

Ditto with Argent. When did we hear about flashback-Lift? She didn't strike me as a very good candidate for that, considering how she's somewhat... young. I mean, if Rall Elorim is that important, sure, I guess, but I don't see her as adding very much to the party.

There *is* going to be a time jump between the front and back fives, plenty of time for juicy backstory.

There *is* going to be a time jump between the front and back fives, plenty of time for juicy backstory.

Brandon mentioned that there will be only a short gap between the two arcs. Assuming that the POV-characters mentioned above will have flashbacks, adn Taravangian is quiet old, the gap may be only a few years long.

Brandon mentioned that there will be only a short gap between the two arcs. Assuming that the POV-characters mentioned above will have flashbacks, adn Taravangian is quiet old, the gap may be only a few years long.

At the Barnes and Noble Signing Brandon said the gap will be 10 years between books 5 and 6.

• Chaos locked this topic