Cosmere Martial Arts

Nohadon

Here's the first order for Radiant Martial arts!

Spoiler

Winds: The way of winds is a strong and resolute way, practitioners of this focus on increasing the gravitational pull of objects mid fight to throw your opponent off balance. It also focuses on various manouvers to disarm opponents and deal with them non-lethally. A popular technique is ‘wall walking’ where the wind runner disorients the opponent by walking along the walls and ceiling and lashing their opponent to them. The way of winds works especially well with longswords, spears and throwable javelins.

Also, could we get an admin to move this to cosmere discussion since it's not just for mist born, I'll change the title, I just don't know who to tag

4 minutes ago, Nohadon said:

Here's the first order for Radiant Martial arts!

Hide contents

Winds: The way of winds is a strong and resolute way, practitioners of this focus on increasing the gravitational pull of objects mid fight to throw your opponent off balance. It also focuses on various manouvers to disarm opponents and deal with them non-lethally. A popular technique is ‘wall walking’ where the wind runner disorients the opponent by walking along the walls and ceiling and lashing their opponent to them. The way of winds works especially well with longswords, spears and throwable javelins.

Also, could we get an admin to move this to cosmere discussion since it's not just for mist born, I'll change the title, I just don't know who to tag

Don't tag anyone. Click the little flag at the top of your post to "report" it and say what you need done. That will alert any admin online instead of waiting for one individual to get your ping and do it

19 minutes ago, Calderis said:

Don't tag anyone. Click the little flag at the top of your post to "report" it and say what you need done. That will alert any admin online instead of waiting for one individual to get your ping and do it

Ok! Thanks for letting me know :) 

I would want to see Adhesion used in combat as a force push like set of moves. It is the Surge of Pressure and Vacuum so it is conceivable that a user of Adhesion could use it to create massive pressure waves to knock things over. They could also use it to knock out air breathing opponents by creating low pressure areas around their heads. Or vacuum pack/freeze dry your enemies by placing them in an outer space like environment for a few minutes. 

Edited by Gasper
forgot to add something.

On 10/26/2018 at 5:00 AM, Bigmikey357 said:

Elantrian martial arts probably looks something like Naruto with their hand signs.

Dont forget the ChayShan, it's entirely a magic martial arts and being another Dor-based "programming language to hack reality" it could theoretically have all the same endgame potential as AonDor and/or Forgery.

• 2 months later...

Hey, I kind of forgot to post this so I'll do it now. Oops.

Here's another radiant one.

Spoiler

Dusts: They way of Dusts is fast and lethal. Built to fight against heavy weaponry and armed opponents. The 'lighting cloak' is a very powerful technique, where the user breaks down anything it comes into contact with, melting through weapons, and then the enemy. It works very well in hand to hand combat.

Not effective with weapons as they tend to melt. Very effective in hand-to-hand contact.

Edited by Nohadon

Sorry for the double post but it's not really breaking any rules because it's adding information that warrants another post. 

Spoiler

Light: The way of Light is of confusion. Weaving illusions in with your attacks. No one will know whether the attack is real until it hits them. A very popular strategy is filling the arena with moving clones so you can get the drop on the opponent. Or launching several projectiles when there only should be one. Keep the enemy guessing and they won't ever know what will hit them.

Spoiler

Truth: The way of Truth is an endurance test. Focused entirely on healing yourself through any damage. Using weapons like bladed chains, explosives or other heavy weaponry are increadibly effective. Fighters who use this focus almost entirely on offense, learning to suppress and fight through waves of pain. They don't need to worry about being hit.

Spoiler

Stones:The way of Stone is about being immovable. Works best with heavy armour and gauntlets, you can use it to walk through enemy attacks and deliver a single punch to end the fight. Fighters who use this are very defensive. Soaking up large ammounts of damage to dish out quite a bit back

Spoiler

Knowledge: To understand the way of Knowledge, you must be fast, be strong and understand the very molecular level of soulcasting. An incredibly versatile art, focusing on quick reactions to manipulate reality itself to your advantage, whether it be conjuring up simple walls to block attacks, or coating an enemy with fire, it requires years of study, but pays off in versatility and power

That's 6/10 I'm making one for each surge.

On 10/29/2018 at 7:48 PM, Ark1002 said:

I feel I'm going to be using this in the Alleyverse. Thanks.

By all means use it in the alleyverse! For the RP, canonically, Devaan was the one who made it and Silphio is a practitioner of some of the arts. Check the canton archives for books about each art. 

The way of the stick: a martial art developed in Shadesmar, focused on the idea that you will not let your opponent control your actions in any way. You are a stick.

Roshar of course would have ten different martial art styles based on the ten different stances.

The way of the flame focuses on quick and flexible movements.

The way of the wind is a style that focuses on sweeping, majestic movements.

The way of blood is a style with the idea about not caring about taking hits. In other words, the way of blood is to strap on a blindfold, lie down, hold your hands above your head, and roll around on the floor.

Professional practitioners of the way of blood will do this while shouting provoking insults about their opponents mothers.

Edited by Sharshiblarb

• Chaos locked this topic