[OB] Favorite Bridge Four Member?

Devout Pathian

[OB] Favorite Bridge Four Member?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. After reading OB who is your favorite Bridge Four member (excluding Kaladin)?

• Rock
    • Teft
    • Skar
    • Moash
    • Sigzil
    • Amark
    • Arik
    • Corl
    • Dabbid
    • Drehy
    • Dunny
    • Eth
    • Gadol
    • Hobber
    • Earless Jaks
    • Koolf
    • Leyten
    • Lopen
    • Malop
    • Mart
    • Maps
    • Bisig
    • Narm
    • Pedin
    • Peet
    • Renarin
    • Rlain
    • Torfin
    • Lyn

Hey everyone, so I was going to include everyone’s name who we know was or is in Bridge Four, but this site will only let me put in 30 different answers, so some people had to go, so I could include Lyn, because she is more awesome than someone who just died on one of the first bridge runs (sorry whoever you are).  Also I didn’t include any of Lyn’s friends.  Anyway, I’m sorry if for some reason your favorite bridgeman isn’t listed.  I tried to include the best ones.

I excluded Kaladin, because he is the viewpoint character, and this poll is looking for other answers.

I’ve been thinking of this poll ever since I read the Bridge Four chapters in part two of OB.  Also now that I’m rereading WoK, I’m noticing all the bridgemen and what they are doing, now that I actually know who they are rather than getting a random name like Moash being the one who Kaladin picks up the first day as bridge leader and takes outside.  (I still can’t decide if I love Moash or hate him.) 

I love Bridge Four, and although it’s a hard choice, I picked Sigzil as my favorite.  I love that he is orderly and tries to mesure the Windrunner’s power.  As I’ve been rereading WoK, he is one who pushes against Kaladin in the beginning.  He also tried to kill someone (I got to know this story).  One last cool thing about him is that Hoid’s his master and he is a worldsinger.  I love when he tells people what other cultures are like.

I’m intrested in seeing who people like and why?  I love bridge four and find many of them awesome, so what are your thoughts?

Rock. Rock is the best. He is funny, kind, a hidden badass and a chef. At this point he has the potential to be a mix of Mihali from Powder Mage and Legolas, which is cool. He never feels "too much" like some other characters (Lopen). And his OB chapter was so beautiful. He also fed Sadeas chull dung, and saved Kaladin from Amaram. Also, Numuhukumakiaki'aialunamor is a great name to pull out in front of non-fantasy readers to amaze them (yes, I did that, and it is very fun).

If I could vote for a second one, it would be Skar.

1 hour ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Rock. Rock is the best. He is funny, kind, a hidden badass and a chef. At this point he has the potential to be a mix of Mihali from Powder Mage and Legolas, which is cool. He never feels "too much" like some other characters (Lopen). And his OB chapter was so beautiful. He also fed Sadeas chull dung, and saved Kaladin from Amaram. Also, Numuhukumakiaki'aialunamor is a great name to pull out in front of non-fantasy readers to amaze them (yes, I did that, and it is very fun).

Wow, the accuracy with which you mimicked my thoughts is astounding.

Rock is awesome and I wish we could have flashbacks of him (maybe a secret history?)

The scenes with his family are really heartwarming, and his unique brand of wisdom is only surpassed by his exquisite sense of humour.

I would agree that Rock is the best. He is basically the cream in the Oreo cookie! 

As a second I would say Sigzil. He also was cool enough to be Hoid's apprentice. 

Also,  I wouldn't put Renarin in with bridge 4. He is kind of in his own category. I understand why you included him, it just feels wrong to me. 

1 hour ago, The Sovereign said:

Sigzil. His logic based analytical thought process

You described why I love Sigzil so much better than I did.

5 minutes ago, Melovespie said:

Also,  I wouldn't put Renarin in with bridge 4. He is kind of in his own category. I understand why you included him, it just feels wrong to me. 

I get what you mean.  There is a reason why Renarin doesn’t have any votes yet, because we are all thinking of bridgemen and Renarin does, but doesn’t really fit.  However, Rock said he was Bridge Four, so Renarin is Bridge Four in my book.

Teft is my favorite, as someone who has struggled with addiction (though a different kind than teft's) I thought his chapters were beautifully written and mirrored many feeling of worthlessness and unworthiness I have felt. The parts where his friends find him and show him love really warms me.

Edited by MonsterMetroid
Corrected a spelling typo

I was all set to pick Rock who is the heart of Bridge 4. Then I saw Renarin on the list. Can't go past my boy! I loved having PoVs of Bridge 4 and getting something of their histories.

And I love that in so many ways Bridge 4 is becoming so much bigger than just a plot point in Kaladin's story.

Rock, Renarin, and Rlain. I loved Rlain's POV chapter SOOOOO much. The awkwardness of having a Listener in Bridge Four is much more tangible from his point of view, and his whole entire character seemed to flesh out in that one little chapter.

1 hour ago, Aon Ati said:

Why does Moash have so many votes? If there was a way to de-vote someone, then he would be hitting the bottom slot so hard that you would think he was lashed to it!

He just has one vote, actually. Probably someone who finds him interesting, or is interested by the villain role he seems to be set up for. Or just someone who really don´t like Elhokar :-P

6 hours ago, Toaster Retribution said:

At this point he has the potential to be a mix of Mihali from Powder Mage

Rock reminds me a lot of Mihali especially in OB. 

WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP MAKING THESE POLLS THAT REQUIRE NEAR IMPOSSIBLE DECISIONS! Ok if I had to pick just one I'd have to go with The Lopen. All the silliness aside his positivity and optimism in spite of being in terrible situations is up lifting. Plus he was the king of Alethkar and showed his spren how to flip the bird. 

Edited by StormingTexan

• Chaos locked this topic