Kaladin killing Szeth?

Farnsworth

On 12/21/2017 at 0:38 PM, Andy92 said:

I have the first edition because I bought a hardback that was in print before the change was made. Kaladin stabs Szeth in the chest with his Syl-spear in the version I have. 

...Kal stabbed first. 

I'm in the same boat. I didn't actually realize there was an alternate version until just now, actually.

I also find it hilarious that the Stormlight Archives now has official errata.

Speaking of errata, I think Lightweavers are pretty OP right now. They have the same cost as a Windrunner or Edgedancer, but they get the Instant Death surge and have no restrictions from their Oaths. The next novella needs to either make their insanity have a meaningful impact on gameplay or just nerf Soulcasting across the board.

On 23/12/2017 at 9:00 PM, Heir of the Void said:

Speaking of errata, I think Lightweavers are pretty OP right now. They have the same cost as a Windrunner or Edgedancer, but they get the Instant Death surge and have no restrictions from their Oaths. The next novella needs to either make their insanity have a meaningful impact on gameplay or just nerf Soulcasting across the board.

The Lightweavers has Oaths restrictions like others.

By the way, Soulcasting is OP but It requires a lot of criteria to be' used as Death Surge. It requires a specific kind of gemstone, It consumes a lot of Investiture, It depends on the target's innate Investiture, It requires skills and It's Dangerous to use in most of the situations.

It's a really strong Surge but It has already its limitations

17 hours ago, Yata said:

By the way, Soulcasting is OP but It requires a lot of criteria to be' used as Death Surge. It requires a specific kind of gemstone, It consumes a lot of Investiture, It depends on the target's innate Investiture, It requires skills and It's Dangerous to use in most of the situations.

Only fabrial soulcasting is limited by gem type. The Radiants themselves are not held to that requirement. 

• Chaos locked this topic