Kindle release time?

So I preordered WoR on kindle. This is my first kindle preorder so I don't have any experience with it and I have a few questions.

Will it automatically download to my kindle, or will I have to manually download it?

What time will it download/be available to download? Will it be midnight eastern time? Or will it be midnight pacific time because amazon is in Seattle? Or even later?

Thanks in advance for the answers!

Edited by Numuhukumakiakiaialunamor

I have a bit of experience with this and it seems the times are random.  When I contacted Amazon about it they said the release time is set by the publisher so there is really no way to know for sure.   In the past i have recieved kindle books anyway from a few minutes after midnight up to around 4am.

It should auto download but you'll need to have your kindle on and the wifi enabled.  I usually plug my directly to my pc to let to charge but have it 'ejected'  so i can check the screen.  I've noticed this lets the wi fi stay enabled even if it goes to the screensaver.

i dont remember which book it was, but i remember buying it at the first minutes of the release day in germany.

idk maybe amazon germany is different but i was realy happy.

i did this only once, so it could be just luck,  =)

no clue if there is a difference, between preorder and buying it like this for kindle.

i need to add that this version was slightly more expencive, then the version from one day later.

maybe you should tell us from which amazon-shop youre buying, and then ppl from the region can tell you their experiences..

I'm sure there is no risk of this NOT happening.... But I sure hope that when people start getting it on their kindles they don't automatically start reading before telling the rest of us that it's there now. Lol.

I work from 430pm-300am and can't keep my kindle in the shop with me but I do keep my phone so I would appreciate a heads up.

I'm checking both my kindle and my order status on amazon regularly so I will post when its up.   Also anyone else have Europes 'The Final Countdown'  playing in their heads as we wait today?  10 hours to go !.

1. It is in english. 

2. You probably need to use a VPN to buy the book from amazon.jp. 

3. You may be charged foreign currency fees on your credit card. 

4. You can choose to have the website in english (there is an option at the top)

5. I haven't bought it because I don't want to pay the associated fees for my credit card, but I have no reason to believe you cannot do so, although frankly it might be a bit of a hassle.

I remember seeing a promotion for a previous Brandon Sanderson book (I forget which one) where if you had the hard copy you could get a discounted version of the e-book. I pre-ordered the hardcover, but prefer to read on kindle when possible (a book this big is a little tough to bring on trips).

Anyone know if there's anything like this for Words of Radiance?

I remember seeing a promotion for a previous Brandon Sanderson book (I forget which one) where if you had the hard copy you could get a discounted version of the e-book. I pre-ordered the hardcover, but prefer to read on kindle when possible (a book this big is a little tough to bring on trips).

Nein. He wasn't able to. I think it has something to do with him needing to own some type of rights for the e-book and Tor owns that, not him. Or something. It may happen in the future, though.

There doesn't appear to be anything in place for this right now, but there might be later.

Brandon Sanderson mentioned this on reddit about a week ago:

"I'm working on getting the publisher to let me give ebooks for free to people who have bought the book. There's a chance I'll make it work for Words of Radiance."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Fantasy/comments/1yssw6/because_a_fair_number_of_authors_frequent_here/cfo1n70