Amazon is the Devil!!!

Shardlet

I have decided now that I hate amazon pre-order!  See attachment below.  the release is Tues. and I may very well have to wait until up to a week later before it arrives.  I remember back in the day they shipped pre-ordered books out such that they arrived on or just after the release date. Apparently those days are gone!

RAGE!!!!!!

post-6702-0-16348700-1393820590_thumb.pn

=(

Not a very good thing pre-order if you will receive with delay after the release date. In this way would be better wait and buy in store =(

If you didn't bought a Kindle version good time to consider the possility 3 days of delay in this case are veryyyy harsh.

Edited by Natans

How did you have it shipped? I think with Two day shipping it promised to arrive on the release day. On the other hand I have received things from Amazon several days before the delivery estimate.

I went with the kindle addition myself. I was regretting not getting the hard cover because of the early releases. Now I'm glad, because I can be sure to get it by Tuesday at least.

Edited by eveorjoy

Amazon is like that. Sometimes it is late (my WoK was late by over a month), sometimes it is early (my WoR arrived on friday). You never know... But it seems to be based on hype somewhat... and country.

Oh Baby!! Working the system. Turns out Prime memberships can legitimately be shared among family members. I happen to have a mother-in-law with a Prime account and she graciously allowed me to share her membership. I changed my order's shipping speed with about an hour to spare. We're back in business for Mar. 4!!! :lol:

Edited by Shardlet

You do realize if you'd ordered a week ago, you'd have gotten release day delivery and not have had to pay for 2 day shipping. Blame you're own procrastination.

Sadly that is not the case. It doesn't matter when you pre-order it. You must have the two day shipping to get it on release day. Otherwise they will ship it on release day. Amazon can be tricky.

Edited by eveorjoy

You do realize if you'd ordered a week ago, you'd have gotten release day delivery and not have had to pay for 2 day shipping. Blame you're own procrastination.

Actually I ordered it well over a month ago.

I'm in the same ship as you, same date and everything, but I don't have any family members with an premium account so I'm kinda boned. Knowing my luck, it'd probably be lost in the mail too and force me to wait another week. Thank God Amazon has very good customer service.

I'm in the same ship as you, same date and everything, but I don't have any family members with an premium account so I'm kinda boned. Knowing my luck, it'd probably be lost in the mail too and force me to wait another week. Thank God Amazon has very good customer service.

I share my sympathy by an upvote.

I learned this lesson about Amazon with a WOT release years ago. They are happy to take all the prelease orders that people want to make, but they are not guaranteed to be able to satisfy all of them. That would be okay if later orders got a warning about waiting time, but they do not tell you they delayed shipping time until a few days before release.

Never, ever order a prelease from Amazon.

Cancel your order and get it somewhere else. As long as they have not shipped, you can cancel.

Does anyone know why German Amazon is shipping the books early? - Cromptj

I don't know, but I got it early and already finished it. HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I pre-ordered with amazon in January, selected the "2-day" free shipping with my prime membership, and it said it would arrive on release day.

Yesterday it was saying estimated delivery was March 6th. Today it says it has shipped, is in transit to the carrier facility, and estimated delivery is March 5th.

I suspect after it has reached the carrier facility, it will update again to say it will be delivered March 4th. Amazon's estimated delivery dates can be wonky.

Regardless I ordered the ebook in addition to the hardcover, so I should be covered.

I pre-ordered last July and I got an email saying it was shipped today via USPS :(. The estimate still shows as delivery by March 4th, 8:00 pm. So maybe I should not complain as much but I was seriously hoping it would reach me this evening :(.

I also got to know a few weeks ago that Brandon is doing a signing at my place - so maybe I will get a book at the local store and return the Amazon purchase.

I ordered via Amazon (Prime, 2 day) once I found out that the nearest signing was 3-4 hours drive (and 2-3 weeks from release) away.  They haven't shipped it yet, but still have Tuesday, March 4th by 8PM as the delivery estimate.  I've had a lot of stuff from Amazon shipped late one night and delivered the next afternoon so I'm not worried yet, but the longer before it actually ships out the more concerned I'll be that I won't have it tomorrow.

I ordered via Amazon (Prime, 2 day) once I found out that the nearest signing was 3-4 hours drive (and 2-3 weeks from release) away.  They haven't shipped it yet, but still have Tuesday, March 4th by 8PM as the delivery estimate.  I've had a lot of stuff from Amazon shipped late one night and delivered the next afternoon so I'm not worried yet, but the longer before it actually ships out the more concerned I'll be that I won't have it tomorrow.

I'm in the same boat.  Not shipped yet, but ETA 3/4 by 8.