herald powers

taveren

i was thinking what if the heralds powers worked differently then the knights radiant in that they only had access to one type of surge and each herald had a different one instead of the duel powers the knights had.

also there is that theory that sezeth has a honorblade and the three lashings he uses seems to all be gravity based as least to me the sticking things together always seems more gravity then pressure.

on a side note using a full lashing on two objects that have no friction could you slide them around as long as they remained touching

while on the subject of heralds is there a list of known or suspected heralds from the first book around

full lashings stick things together through ether pressure or gravity but if there wasn't any friction on those objects like say trying to stick a hockey puck to some smooth ice would it just slide around but not be able to get taken off the ice

Edited by taveren

That sounds more like magnetism to me... you can move a magnet around on a metal plate, but it may be hard to pull off. 

I would think that with enough Lashing and gravity that even a hockey puck wouldn't be able to move on the ice, even if you completely removed surface tension. 

As to Herald powers and lists, I don't know that there is a single list itself, but if you look at the coppermind at each Herald's page, I believe there is information on theorized spotting in tWoK. I would assume that Herald powers work like the orders of KR they are associated with (i.e. 2 surges) but on a more powerful scale. Otherwise each KR order would be associated/blend of 2 Heralds for their associations. 

also there is that theory that sezeth has a honorblade and the three lashings he uses seems to all be gravity based as least to me the sticking things together always seems more gravity then pressure.

It has been WoB-confirmed that the Full Lashing uses the Pressure surge.

• Chaos locked this topic