[OB] Best Battle/Fight In Stormlight

ICanDream

What is the best battle/fight in Stormlight?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best battle/fight in Stormlight?

• Battle of the Tower
    • Battle of Narak
    • Battle of Thaylen Field
    • Four on one duel
    • First fight with the Assassin in White
    • Battle at the Kholinar Palace
    • Fight against Moash and Graves
    • First Adolin duel
    • Other (tell me what scene I missed if I did)
    • Adolin vs Sadeas

I have to say the four-on-one duel. It was a brutally crushing beginning to the fight to have Adolin have that realization that Sadeas did him like that, to the realization that the woman reffing the duel was just going to let it go on, to Renarin and Kaladin both realizing that they have to do something... "Honor is dead... But I'll see what I can do." It was a small enough scope that I felt I could easily concentrate on all parts of it, which is something I don't do well in the big battle scenes (trouble holding onto all parts of it), but the stakes felt high. I was in this scene's grip the whole time.

I voted for The Tower. The newest battle scene at Thaylen Field is the largest scale fight to date, but the emotion behind the betrayal/eventual rescue at The Tower makes it my favorite. 

I did prefer the newest scene at Thaylen Field to Narak though. 

Gotta go with the Four v One duel. The first time you read it and (if you're like me) get as shocked as Adolin, then you start to feel like he could actually do it. Then BAM, he get's hit goes down and tries to surrender. Then Kaladin says maybe my favorite line in the books "Honor is dead, but I'll see what I can do" (Which I love because Kaladin doesn't know that Dalinar knows that Honor is dead), and then you just know they're gonna win. And finally I love Kaladin's joy and then devastation at the end of the fight, especially when he says never again.

Tower. Hands Down.

Dalinar and Adolin bith knew that they had been betrayed and that THIS was their last stand.

And they kept fighting. 

This was for everyone else. They knew that this was their end and they kept fighting.

When all else has failed and it come to YOU to continue the fight, knowing that your end has come regardless of the outcome... What will YOU do?

Gotta say I loved all of Adolin's duels in WoR. The differences between them all, the stances shown and even the politics behind them. Just some of the smartest writing I've seen. 

The fact that they even culminated in one of the most exciting moments of the series so far shows how cool they are. Plus, there was no "Swear an Ideal and therefore win the fight/battle". It was just three desperate men against four jerks with super weapons. 

It had betrayal (former friends of Adolin's).

It had drama.

It had some top dialogue (Dalinar's cry for help then "Honor is dead" from Kal).

It had the start of a bromance.

It had the lot.

Also, these duels are where we learned so much about Adolin, Maya, his routines, his blade and plate...

Oh yeah, the Battle of the Tower is my second-runner up. It has the betrayal, it has Adolin roaring "I told you Sadeas was bad!" to Dalinar, the desperation and awful as Dalinar and Adolin and the entire Kholin army realizes they're going to die there. And then Kaladin steps in, owed nothing, knowing they might have given away their freedom forever... and saves them. Also very very good! 

Thalyn fields. I’m a huge fan of long, complicated battle scenes. There are some great ones in Lord Foul’s Bane, (awful name, I know) and this one blew them all away. It brought everything together, everybody was there acting badchull, and SO MUCH HAPPENED! 

• Chaos locked this topic