What is the best Twinborn Combo?

freezedragon

Double Nicrosil isn't that useful by itself, but if my theory is correct and you access to any other kind of magic, it would be rather over-powered.

I am not so sure about it being worthless - I'd predict that you should be able to get a Stormlight or Breath-like enhancement by tapping a ton on a nicrosilmind. I am 99% sure you can't use it to access other magic, but I think that using it with other magic would be insanely useful.

Edited by Moogle

I am not so sure about it being worthless - I'd predict that you should be able to get a Stormlight or Breath-like enhancement by tapping a ton on a nicrosilmind. I am 99% sure you can't use it to access other magic, but I think that using it with other magic would be insanely useful.

You basically said what I meant. If my theory about its function is correct, and you have access to another type of magic, then it gets insanely powerful.

I really love the idea of Double Chromium (as my name suggests).  Infinite luck, so long as I always have enough Chromium.  And if anyone tries to use allomancy against me, I just need to get close enough to touch them to make them lose their metals.

Other fun combinations:

Double Brass

Feruchemical iron and Allomantic steel (As Wax demonstrates, that's a good combo)

Feruchemical cadmium and Allomantic pewter (world's best swimmer)

Feruchemical electrum and Allomantic zinc (staring contest world champion)

This makes me wonder: if you have no magic to store, what happens when you store Feruchemical nicrosil? Your own Innate Investiture? Perhaps you would become like a Drab from Warbreaker when storing, having lost some of your spiritual energy. It might also be easier to push and pull on metals inside your body, too, with less interference from Innate Investiture.

I feel like listing compounders is cheating the fun out of the discussion.  Of course compounding is awesome.  

Were it me, and I've said this before, it would be Allomantic Steel, Feruchemical Zinc.  I have terrible ADD, if I could store away even 6 seconds of mental speed a minute I'd be storing an hour and a half a day to cram into any high stress situations later.  Take 15 minutes of basically frozen time to analyze the opponent, the situation, and plan, then speed things up to 1/3rd and start pushing off stuff like an absolute boss.  

• 2 weeks later...

Allomantic chromium, Feruchemical duralumin. Duralumin is interesting in that it's one of the few ferrings that is just as useful while storing as it is while using. the description states that storing reduces awareness and friendship, which means you could be effectively invisible for a time while under maximum storage. Tapping makes people trust you more, and presumably enhances friendship. Frankly, it's a fantastic ferring power on it's own.

Combining it with chromium should allow you to disable any opposing allomancer, through either sneaking or negotiation. It seems like the most effective way for a chromium allomancer to operate.

Allomantic chromium and Feruchemical duralumin sounds like an excellent power for a hostage negotiation. Call out the Metallic Arts SWAT, we have a bank robbery! Great combo Tempus! I like Allomantic tin and Feruchemical bronze. I'm a narcoleptic, so the Feruchemical bronze would be very useful, and I always thought Allomantic tin was amazing. Of course I'm also interested in Double Bronze, I'd never have to sleep again! Or Double Tin, nothing would get past me! Burn Tin to see through the mists, compound Tin to REALLY see/hear/every sense! Now, one thing I am not sure of, if I could compound Tin, would I be able to see things that would normally need a microscope/telescope? Could I potentially see outside of the visible light spectrum?

• Chaos locked this topic