Arcanum Unbounded typos thread

PeterAhlstrom

• 2 years later...

I was updating the Coppermind article on Mik, the abandoned boy who is healed by the Stump in Edgedancer, and there appears to be a slight inconsistency with the placement of his wound. In chapter 6, it is mentioned several times that he has a wound/scar on his head. Lift notes that she can see it because the hair has not grown back on the side of his head.

However, in chapter 17 she refers to him as a "boy with a scar on his face". This is presumably the same scar, but it seems odd that it is placed both on the side of his scalp and on his face. I suppose it's possible if it's a long scar, but it's not clear if that's the case.

• 3 months later...

In the original edition of Elantris, the demonym and toponym for Teod was "Teoish." This was then later used in The Emperor's Soul (very beginning of Day 98, when Shai thinks her guards will likely be assigned somewhere far away, perhaps to the "Teoish Peninsula").

Then, in the tenth anniversary edition of Elantris, "Teoish" was changed to "Teo." In the copy of The Emperor's Soul in Arcanum Unbounded, however, the original "Teoish" is still used.

Edit:

Same case with "Jindoeese," which was used in the original edition of Elantris but changed to "JinDo" in the tenth anniversary edition. On Day 76 of The Emperor's Soul, Gaotona says "The artist was Jindoeese," and Shai replies with "The Jindoeese and my people are not the same."

Second edit:

Not sure about this one, but in the Arcanum Unbounded Taldain essay, Khriss uses the phrase "Realmic transition" as part of her description of how Sand Mastery is powered. In contrast, when describing the Surge of Transportation in the Words of Radiance and Oathbringer Ars Arcana, she appears to use "Realmatic" as the adjective for something related to the three Realms.

Edited by Starwatcher
Realmic/Realmatic case

• 1 year later...

I just noticed that in The Emperor's Soul day fifty-eight, Frava asks Shai "“Then you have begun the emperor’s soulstone?"

This does not make sense, as soulstone is just the raw material - I think it is intended to say "soulstamp". You could almost chalk this up to the arbiters being somewhat ignorant of Forgery techniques, except for the fact that Frava and Shai previously discussed soulstone back on day two.