[OB] GUYS, I GOT OTHBRINGER!! No spoilers

cta005

I got it as well! Already over halfway through.

Anyways, I guess I probably won't be posting much until November 14, but I sure will read all the crazy theories people are still gonna post the coming 10 days and laugh at all of them, either because they're so wrong or because they're actually correct.

(oh, if people are feeling masochistic, just PM me and I'll think of some teasers to make the wait even harder)

Edited by Leyrann

18 hours ago, mariapapadia said:

Ohhhh! Dammit ! I though I was gonna be lucky today! I am living in Stockholm at the moment. I wrongly assumed you were living in Oso, so I called all my friends in Oslo at 7 in the morning to put them on a quest to search for the book :ph34r: I am so annoyed, because I organized everything to take a day off from work, so I can read and then I injured my leg, so I am having free time now and by the time the book will be out I will be healed :( why couldn't this happen 2 weeks from now ? People around me think I'm crazy :blink:

I live in Philadelphia, but I got my copy of A Dance With Dragons from Amazon.de because German posters on the ASOIAF message boards started saying that their copies were arriving two weeks early by mistake. It took me all of about thirty seconds to get an order in for an extra $42 in shipping costs, which is good because the publisher caught the error later that day and shut it down, shipping only 180 copies. I then spent a couple of anxious days refreshing the Amazon.de order page and translating the status updates from German using Babelfish, trying to make sure that Amazon wasn't pulling any orders that were already being prepped for shipment.

The upshot of this is that I paid more than twice the price to get a book ten days early, and I don't regret a thing so I certainly don't think that you're crazy. :) 

6 hours ago, Harry the Heir said:

I live in Philadelphia, but I got my copy of A Dance With Dragons from Amazon.de because German posters on the ASOIAF message boards started saying that their copies were arriving two weeks early by mistake. It took me all of about thirty seconds to get an order in for an extra $42 in shipping costs, which is good because the publisher caught the error later that day and shut it down, shipping only 180 copies. I then spent a couple of anxious days refreshing the Amazon.de order page and translating the status updates from German using Babelfish, trying to make sure that Amazon wasn't pulling any orders that were already being prepped for shipment.

The upshot of this is that I paid more than twice the price to get a book ten days early, and I don't regret a thing so I certainly don't think that you're crazy. :) 

When I called my local library yesterday to ask them if they happen to have the book, the lady told me they don't have it, but I will have to wait "only 10 days"!!! I told her that "One day is a day too long !"  

7 minutes ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Nice! I'm not that jealous though. Im happy to get the last three chapters on tuesday, and then go get the book the 14th, and read while eating candy. Its always good to have something to look forward too (after OB its Star Wars, then its Black Panther... this is why nerds like us are happy).

Last two chapters, you mean.

1 hour ago, Toaster Retribution said:

Nice! I'm not that jealous though. Im happy to get the last three chapters on tuesday, and then go get the book the 14th, and read while eating candy. Its always good to have something to look forward too (after OB its Star Wars, then its Black Panther... this is why nerds like us are happy).

I find it annoying that OB and the two Star Wars films are so close. After that they’ll be nothing to do but be alone with my thoughts. *shudder*

1 hour ago, ICanDream said:

I find it annoying that OB and the two Star Wars films are so close. After that they’ll be nothing to do but be alone with my thoughts. *shudder*

Black Panther is Marvel, and after it comes Infinity War. I hope  you're not just alone with your thoughts ;)

2 hours ago, ICanDream said:

That is when it is time to start hyping Ant-Man, Fantastic Beasts, Aquaman, Game of Thrones and the Peter Jackson produced fantasy movie about cities that move (based on a book by Philip Reeve?) which name I have forgotten. You will have Infinity War around the same time as Star Wars too. 

Edited by Toaster Retribution

On 11/3/2017 at 8:07 AM, cta005 said:

After reading the new chapters released by Tor, I called my local book shop here in Norway, expecting the normal: "the book will be in a week after it is published in the US", but instead, the employee on the phone said: "yeah, we have the book". I thought she was joking, but after rushing down there I NOE HAVE MY HANDS OM OATHBRINGER!! I'M STOKED. THIS IS BETTER THEN CHRISTMAS!! i Sony spoil anything. Promise

15097099952782004071217.jpg

I'm super curious about what this pic is

• Argent changed the title to [OB] GUYS, I GOT OTHBRINGER!! No spoilers
  • Chaos locked this topic