[OB] Lyn = Vivenna

Head Crabs

So there's obviously some cultural bias that is causing some of the cosnternation around the female scout that keeps popping up. But brandon rarely re-introduces the same character over and over without any significance. 

I think lyn is actually vivenna since we have WoB's that confirm she will be in OB. Vivenna also seems exactly like the kind of person who would rather join up with the army rather than infiltrate the scribes. Still unsure what her motives are for joining the army and coming to urithiru, speculate! Possibly trying to contact vasher?? 

3 hours ago, Head Crabs said:

I think lyn is actually vivenna .

Because all new female characters are Liss, Pa'Alm, Shalash, Khriss or Vivenna. :P

Khriss naturally has dark brown eyes and straight hair. Pa'Alm has whatever she's eaten. Shalash has glowing violet-white eyes without an epicentic fold, so even the eyedrops won't make her look alethi. Liss has, long dark hair, worn loose, and a plump, attractive figure that made her distinctive in all the right ways, which could fit Lynn. Since she has a Syhardblade though she presumably has lighteyes (but also has access to the darkening eyedrops). Other than Siri (Dark eyed) eye colour doesn't seemto be mentioned in Warbreaker and vivenna can change her hair colour magically.

40 minutes ago, Aryanath said:

Is Lyn romantically involved with one of the Bridge 4 members, perhaps?

If she's the scout that was asking about if female Knights Radient got to fight I suspect she's looking to glow due to Stormlight.

14 hours ago, Dahak said:

Other than Siri (Dark eyed) eye colour doesn't seemto be mentioned in Warbreaker and vivenna can change her hair colour magically.

I’ve been rereading war breaker watching for eye color. Do you happen to have a page number or chapter as to where Siri’s dark eyes were mentioned?

3 hours ago, JoyBlu said:

I’ve been rereading war breaker watching for eye color. Do you happen to have a page number or chapter as to where Siri’s dark eyes were mentioned?

Somewhere around p77-78 just before Bluefinger takes her to the Godking's chambers for the first time. The quote is

Where had all that color come from? The delicately red cheeks, the mysteriously dark eyes, the blue on the top of her eyelids? The deep red lips, the almost glowing skin? The gown shone silver upon blue, bulky yet beautiful, with ripples of deep, velvet cloth.

Interesting! Thanks. I guess when I read that “mysteriously dark eyes” I interpreted it as dark mascara and dark eyeliner — and possibly a large pupil — rather than a description of a iris. 

The “dark eyes” or “Smokey eyes” make-up technique is used on people with all different shades of actual eye color. 

I don’t believe we have a WoB on Siri or Vivenna’s eye color. I’ll ask him at the signing. Hopefully he will answer. 

16 minutes ago, The Invested Beard said:

I highly doubt Lyn is Vivenna. I get the feeling we're going to know it's her as soon as we see her. Plus this character was as mentioned inserted for a completely different and known reason.

I agree. She'll be obvious. 

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Lyn = Vivenna
  • Chaos locked this topic