[OB] I’m going to wear a red scarf to the OB release party!

JoyBlu

“There was a girl,” Shallan said. “This was before storms, before memories, and before legends—but there was still a girl. She wore a long scarf to blow in the wind.”

A vibrant red scarf grew around the girl’s neck, twin tails extending far behind her and flapping in a phantom wind. The players had made the scarf hang behind the girl using strings from above. It had seemed so real.

OB chapter 25

So I only recently joined the 17th shard — and this will be my first midnight release party! (Provo, Utah Monday Nov 13th) I’ve decided that I’m wearing a red kerchief neck scarf to the party. I’m inviting anyone else who will be there to do the same.  I’m not sure if there is a precedent set to identify other 17th shard members at these signings or not. Is there? If there is please tell me because I want to identify with you’all. Im not getting the VIP pass and will be in line for a long time (probably finishing Warbreaker reread) and would love to visit with some of you InRealLife. 

i didn’t dare post this outside this thread because the red scarf could be considered a spoiler. 

Only two more weeks!!!!!!

2 hours ago, JoyBlu said:

I’m not sure if there is a precedent set to identify other 17th shard members at these signings or not. Is there? If there is please tell me because I want to identify with you’all.

I'm not aware of any immediate visual clue, but at any sign you can identify easily a sharder. when he can ask brandon a question, a normal person will go like "who is hoid?", while a sharder will be like "if I use a shardplate as a metalmind to store an attribute, then animate it with breath, what would happen to a mistborn burning it?"

sharders are realmatically aware, and they make complex questions delving deeply in stuff that is only brushed in the books. When brandon visited italy and I asked him my question, he immediately figured me out for a sharder.

Also, a piece of paper to take notes and post them on the forum is another big clue.

3 hours ago, king of nowhere said:

"if I use a shardplate as a metalmind to store an attribute, then animate it with breath, what would happen to a mistborn burning it?"

But i needz 2 nooooooooo!

Seriously though, assuming that Shardplate is capable of storing a feruchemical charge (firstly you personally would need to be able to store it in general, and even then shardplate may already be too Invested to take any charge even if it is keyed to you), you would need to find a way to unlock the Breath, possibly the plate itself, and the charged attribute for the mistborn to even consider accessing the extra Investitures, otherwise it would be the same as burning whatever the plate is made out of. That's all assuming a mistborn's spirit web would recognize shardplate as a burnable metal, and the mist orn is able to ingest the piece before its many Investitures degrade or the possible seed soaks up the Investitures in an attempt to regenerate.

I mean, uh... Yup sharders are totally indistinguishable.

Also, Ardent, you could just wear a 'welcome home' style airport sign that says 'Welcome to Newcago'.

Oh, and the red scarf idea is epic and I would totally go buy one just for this if I were in Utah.

16 hours ago, Fifth of Daybreak said:

I'm considering cosplaying Rock but I'm not committed enough to shave off my moustache.

@Fifth of Daybreak I found your costume in this weeks chapter OB:29

Shallan had done sketches of the murdered man, a short fellow with long drooping mustaches. Veil had distributed them; the men took her as no more than another employee.

You can have your mustache and perhaps even two!

• Argent changed the title to [OB] I’m going to wear a red scarf to the OB release party!
  • Chaos locked this topic