Bookmark or no?

Bookmark or no?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. When you need to put a book down, do you use a bookmark, or just find your page again later?

• Bookmark
    • Memory
    • I never put a book down until I finish it

On 17/12/2017 at 11:56 PM, Ookla the maladroit said:

I’m reading 11 books right now, so I really, really need bookmarks because there’s no way I can remember where I am in all of them. I also only have 10 bookmarks at the moment, which is a big issue. 

That is impressive. I'm known for reading lots of books at once, but I've probably only ever reached maybe 7 or 8 books....  How and/or why did you get to 11?

I just got a lot of presents, and people know I like books, so that plus my usual stach is quite a bit. Right now, I am reading:

Astrophisics for People in a Hurry, To Green Angel Tower, Forge of Darkness, Enemy of God (about King Arthur), The Book of Dust (sequel to Golden compass), Isaac Asimov’s Treasury of Humor (meh), Foundation and Empire, The Feed (not so good), Men at Arms, Name of the Wind(very good), Surely You’re Joking Mr Feynman, and Children of The Mind.

I used to use a folded piece of paper as a bookmark, but my wife grew so frustrated with it slipping out of the book (and her finding it around the house) that she bought me these small magnetic clip bookmarks. I actually enjoyed them so much that they are all I use now. 

I just always read to the end of the chapter. I makes it easier to remember. 

My pet peeve is authors who think it's funny to make the chapters out of order, or change to page numbers around. It doesn't happen very often, but occasionally you'll find books with coded symbols instead of numbers and it is REALLY ANNOYING.

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2017 at 1:23 PM, Archer said:

My pet peeve is authors who think it's funny to make the chapters out of order, or change to page numbers around. It doesn't happen very often, but occasionally you'll find books with coded symbols instead of numbers and it is REALLY ANNOYING.

I've never seen that, but it sounds SO annoying. 

On 12/26/2017 at 3:45 PM, Wax said:

Audiobook.... it picks up where you left off.  I add bookmarks for memorable quotes though.

Me too, but I keep accidentally hitting the bookmark button... :(

On 12/28/2017 at 11:23 AM, Archer said:

I just always read to the end of the chapter. I makes it easier to remember. 

Ahem*

Read down to the discussion of different chapter numbers.

:P

• Chaos locked this topic