[OB] [Edgedancer Spoilers] Thought's on Lift in Oathbringer

eveorjoy

24 minutes ago, Bernem said:

@eveorjoy I like the theory and hope we do get to see Lift on screen.

I asked Brandon at a signing last year and he did say we would get more Lift, but it was a RAFO how much she is in the book. I'm guessing one Interlude, where she opens Azirmir's gate to Urthru with her Wyndle blade, and then bit parts after that.

Just now, StormingTexan said:

Great now I want to see Dalinar and Lift in a surgebinding duel... 

Lift makes him trip because the floor is suddenly ice and then atarts flying at high speed through the curved tunnels accelerating all the time only to eventually whack him with a shardstick at insane speeds. Meanwhile he tries to stop her by making her run into a sticky patch on the wall that won't stop her only take the soles clean off her shoes and makes her trip and keep going if she hits them at all.

4 minutes ago, eveorjoy said:

I'm guessing one Interlude, where she opens Azirmir's gate to Urthru with her Wyndle blade, and then bit parts after that.

If she doesn't take the time to steal Lopen's chouta, Rock's stew, Adolin's chicken, Shallan's Horneater White and Navani's patience, her trip to Uritiru will be wasted in my opinion...

1 minute ago, Stark said:

If she doesn't take the time to steal Lopen's chouta, Rock's stew, Adolin's chicken, Shallan's Horneater White and Navani's patience, her trip to Uritiru will be wasted in my opinion...

She might start stealing food when she gets to Urithru, but she can be a bit non-POV character and still do that. ;)

25 minutes ago, eveorjoy said:

She might start stealing food when she gets to Urithru, but she can be a bit non-POV character and still do that. ;)

It would be pretty funny for no POV, just people noticing their food is missing over and over again. "Man, Urithiru needs an exterminator."

So most of the surges seem to require direct contact to trigger, but could Lift use stormlight to grow plants and use those to reduce someone's friction? If so she could take out a whole army by making thier footing a bit more slippery so they fall if they put much pressure down on an angle. She would be more effective then multiple Blackthorns.

Huh :-? @eveorjoy I just realised reading your post, that I am really excited to see LIft in this book. It's a wierd realisation for me, as I wan't such a big fan of hers in WoR, and while I enjoyed Edgedancer it didn't blew me away, but now all of a sudden I want to see more of her and I am interested in her interaction with Wyndle. Huh :-?

Anyway! I know a lot of people are excited for her stealing everyone's lunch or for the Adolin/Lift edgedancer partnership, but I am most curios to see her interact with Shallan. It just came to my mind that Lift and Shallan both seemed to have had traumatic childhoods that made them really strong to the outside world, but I would love to see some kind of sisterly connection between the two of them. I know, it doesn't really fit with Shallan's crazy busy story so far, but I really want  some girl friendships for once and since who knows when we'll see more of Shallan&Jasnah, this would be a nice substitute. 

I almost got excited when Adolin fed stormlight to the lift.  Then I realized it was an elevator lift, not the Lift everyone is waiting for.  

Well, I assume some people were waiting for Adolin's lift, but not any of the sharders.

• Argent changed the title to [OB] [Edgedancer Spoilers] Thought's on Lift in Oathbringer
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2017 at 9:25 AM, eveorjoy said:

Lift was starting to grow up by the end of Edgedancer.

• Consider the balconies for growing that were noted at the start of Oathbringer, along with the temperature being a challenge
  • Consider what Lift's class of Radiant does well (instant plant growth through use of Stormlight)

When Lift reaches the city, I suspect she'll be a savior packaged up in a crispy taco shell of irony. The ex food-thief will become a catalyst of Urithu's primary food source.

• Chaos locked this topic