[OB] Speculation on Queen Aesudan?

Sirscott13

With the impending plot of the king and Kal going to stop the riots in the capitol, I can't help but be curious on the queen and what kind of character she is. 

Does anyone have any speculations or theories on what will happen and what her intentions and plots are? 

@Calderis If she is hunkered down in fear I doubt very much that she has the time to answer them. It is also very possible that she was forced to flee the palace and as a result she can't well answer the spanreeds. It also may be that those who are currently in charge don't know how or are unable to use the spanreeds. Maybe they were destroyed in the riots or any number of other possibilities.

Edited by Nathrangking

1 minute ago, Nathrangking said:

If she is hunkered down in fear I doubt very much that she has the time to answer them. It is also very possible that she was forced to flee the palace and as a result she can't well answer the spanreeds. It also may be that those who are currently in charge don't know how or are unable to use the spanreeds. Maybe they were destroyed in the riots or any number of other possibilities.

My point was, if she had time to flee and "hunker down" with her ardents, there was time to grab at least one, and the more people with her, the more likely one of them would have remembered. 

I don't think she's "hunkered down." I think if she's still alive, she in very dire straits. 

Just now, Calderis said:

My point was, if she had time to flee and "hunker down" with her ardents, there was time to grab at least one, and the more people with her, the more likely one of them would have remembered. 

I don't think she's "hunkered down." I think if she's still alive, she in very dire straits. 

Oh, I agree with you she is most certainly terrified for her life if she is still alive. She is probably hiding without a major entourage. She and whoever may be with her would only remember to take one if they were in a rational state of mind which at this point is doubtful. They would have fled as quickly as they could to escape the mobs.

I think Jasnah is going to regret not having her assassinated.  We know she's vain and selfish, but for Jasnah to be about to have her killed I'd think there'd need to be more. My guess is she's an opportunist, but unless it was deliberate, I don't think she's a part of one of the secret.  She doesn't seem to have the intelligence if she couldn't even keep her city from rioting.  

I do think there has to be something where Jasnah seriously saw her as a threat, I just don't think it's related to the secret societies. 

Edited by Hischier

On 9/26/2017 at 10:43 AM, Hischier said:

I think Jasnah is going to regret not having her assassinated.  We know she's vain and selfish, but for Jasnah to be about to have her killed I'd think there'd need to be more. My guess is she's an opportunist, but unless it was deliberate, I don't think she's a part of one of the secret.  She doesn't seem to have the intelligence if she couldn't even keep her city from rioting.  

I do think there has to be something where Jasnah seriously saw her as a threat, I just don't think it's related to the secret societies. 

Oh man an evil and selfish Jasnah? With Jasnah intelligence? That would be scary

8 minutes ago, Sirscott13 said:

No I was thinking what if the queen was like an evil and selfish Jasnah. All oh her intelligence but none of Jasnah’s virtues 

Doesn't seem likely - the Kholinar interlude in WOR paints her as someone who surrounds herself with sycophants and is a pretty terrible ruler - or at less than an oblivious one. 

I'm actually very interested as to what is going on with her and her infant son. Are they dead? Alive? One of each??

How will Elhokar respond? Especially if they were killed by rioting dark eyes? 

Could be very, very interesting. 

The thing that came to mind is that we will see the capital drown in insanity with mad Queen sitting on her throne surronded by zealots and cultists. She saw the chaos as an opportunity to bring the religion upon the city and citizens.

And parallelly i see Elhokar as the man who witnessed what that Queen did to his home. I believe that would be his and Aesudan's personal plot line for OB. Crazy religious wife and fragile but good husband. Thats where Elhokar will be forged into someone better.

On 9/25/2017 at 1:32 PM, Sirscott13 said:

I can't help but be curious on the queen and what kind of character she is.

Does anyone have any speculations or theories on what will happen and what her intentions and plots are? 

There was this thread. Not much got nailed down, but it's got a fair bit of good discussion

1 hour ago, Erunion said:

How will Elhokar respond? Especially if they were killed by rioting dark eyes? 

Also how will Kaladin react?

Assuming they actually make it there, of course. This plotline sounds almost too beatiful to be true.

1 hour ago, WhiteLeeopard said:

What I'm most curious about is why Navani said the queen could handle the kingdom and came to the warcamps. Was Navani blind? Or was the queen like Elhokar pretending to be a good queen when under supervision, to then fall under excesses as soon as her mother in law left?

Navani mentioned later that the real reason she left was because she couldn't stand the way everyone treated her. They expected her to be solemn and sad and to stay out of their politics.

On 9/27/2017 at 4:55 PM, WhiteLeeopard said:

What I'm most curious about is why Navani said the queen could handle the kingdom and came to the warcamps. Was Navani blind? Or was the queen like Elhokar pretending to be a good queen when under supervision, to then fall under excesses as soon as her mother in law left?

As a proponent of the theory that the insanity of the Heralds is a warping of the attributes they are associated with, is it remotely possible that Elhokar somehow managed to marry Battar (wise, careful)? If she was functioning at a similar level to Nale, it's possible she could fool Navani, or was even legitimately competent before Navani left.

unlikely I know.

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Speculation on Queen Aesudan?
  • Chaos locked this topic