[OB] Tezim

dantlee

5 hours ago, Necessary Eagle said:

I have to disagree with this. Nale talks about Tashi in the present tense. I don't think Nale knows that Taln is back, because, well, that would mean the Desolation was here.

Thats precisely my point. Nale believes Taln is still in Damnation so everything is fine. However the Tashikki should be worried if he does show up as the consequence is that a new desolation has arrived, of which they wouldn't like.

He talks about Tashi in the present tense because he knows Taln is alive, albeit in Damnation. Much like how I could talk about someone far away in the present tense and it be gramatically correct.

I agree he could listen to Ishar and still be warning them about him, it just seems simpler if the warning is about someone else.

I remember from when Tashi was first discussed in the Edgedancer subforum that Tashi could be Odium. Now that 9 unmade is all but confirmed, the "Tashi and the nine" reference could be more ominous and also fits with what Nale said.

On the topic of Tezim I feel that he is probably Jezrien. I cant see how even Nale would be ok taking orders/advise from the author of that spanreed conversation, assuming Tezim wrote or dictated it.

19 minutes ago, Necessary Eagle said:

But he isn't alive. He died in the last Desolation.

My understanding is that when a Herald does during a Desolation, they get sent back to Damnation/Braize. He is alive because Heralds don't die permanently like the rest of us. He's just alive on a different planet (and being tortured horrendously everyday).

28 minutes ago, Necessary Eagle said:

But he isn't alive. He died in the last Desolation.

The Heralds are Cognitive Shadows, merelly kill their temp body is not the end for them, they "died" many times....By the way, our meaning of "dead" is probably wrong in the Cosmere's context. Does it really matter if the heart of someone is working while you could chat and joke with him ?

1 hour ago, Salkara said:

He's just alive on a different planet (and being tortured horrendously everyday).

Or he's in the CR on a different planet, which I wouldn't count as exactly "alive", any more than Kelsier was in Secret History. Admittedly, the fact that they can go there via death or by choice makes the specifics iffy. I'd really like to see what exactly how the surviving Heralds go back, that would clarify so much.

1 hour ago, Yata said:

Does it really matter if the heart of someone is working while you could chat and joke with him ?

If you're in a physical body on Planet A, and he's on Planet B, possibly in a different Realm? YMMV.

-

Also, Tashi apparently doesn't approve of what's going on in Tashikk, present tense. I think it would be difficult for Taln to know what's going on in Tashikk from Braize. (probably should have put that in one of my earlier posts).

8 hours ago, Necessary Eagle said:

Or he's in the CR on a different planet, which I wouldn't count as exactly "alive", any more than Kelsier was in Secret History. Admittedly, the fact that they can go there via death or by choice makes the specifics iffy. I'd really like to see what exactly how the surviving Heralds go back, that would clarify so much.

Has it been confirmed that they are confirmed to the CR whilst on Braize? Also, even if they're only in the CR, so was Jasnah for most of WoR, and I would consider her alive.

27 minutes ago, Salkara said:

Has it been confirmed that they are confirmed to the CR whilst on Braize?

Technically, I don't believe it has been expressly confirmed, but we know that the CR has a lot of opposites compared to the PR. The PR of Braize is quite cold, so it stands to reason that the CR is very hot. Kalak and Taln both remember intense heat and flame when thinking about their stint on Braize.

The logical conclusion is rather obvious at that point

Edited by The One Who Connects
grammar

1 hour ago, Salkara said:

Has it been confirmed that they are confirmed to the CR whilst on Braize? Also, even if they're only in the CR, so was Jasnah for most of WoR, and I would consider her alive.

No, it's just a possibility. Until any further evidence, my gut feeling would be that they're in the CR and not the PR- but I could be totally wrong. Like I said, I'd love to see the process by which the surviving Heralds get there.

• Argent changed the title to [OB] Tezim
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic