Hi Y'all <3

Bellebon

Y'all can call me Belle or Bellebon <3 I'm a 21 college student who's been reading Sanderson books since my senior year of high after my brother gave me the Mistborn box set. Needless to say I spent a lot of time reading them instead of studying haha. I'm not a huge theorist (mostly because I'm not aware of all the details out there and so I hesitate) but I love hearing about them! I'm also super into history and love learning about different fun facts! 

Welcome! Sounds like you'll fit in nicely here. Have an up vote.

What is your favourite B.S book, top three B.S characters, and if you could have any of the powers in the Cosmere what would you have?

Hey, welcome to the Shard, @Bellebon! Have an upvote and a free spiked delicious cookie!

Spoiler

cookie.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Side effects include, but are not limited to, hearing voices, gaining supernatural powers, having the sudden urge to kill everyone, and completely losing control over your mind and body. The Dark Alley™ claims no liability for any damage done to/by the eater of this cookie.

Also, don't worry. You don't need to be a huge theorist to enjoy the site, there's plenty other things to do! If you haven't heard of it yet, there's Sanderson Elimination. It's basically like the party game Mafia, but with several roles based off of characters/powers from Sanderson's books. It's really fun!

@Sami

Thanks <3 Also how in the world can I pick! I would have to say that my fav book is a tie between The Way of Kings and Shadows of Self. I adore WoK and SoS is just amazing (and I love Steris to death). My top three characters would be: Elend, Shallan, and Raoden but it's so hard to pick! As for powers I would either be a mistborn or a windrunner. 

I just really want to fly and being able to push large and heavy things around would be useful, especially with how long the stormlight books are going to become haha!

@StrikerEZ

I love cookies! Also it makes me full a lot better knowing that I don't need to know like, all of the details haha. Also Sanderson Elimination sounds wicked! I'll have to check that out! Thanks for letting me know <3 

Edited by Bellebon

Welcome to the Shard!! take an upvote

On 27/7/2017 at 6:47 AM, Bellebon said:

Needless to say I spent a lot of time reading them instead of studying

You are not alone, in fact half of time I spend here is because I should be studying.:P

Can I ask what are you studying?

22 hours ago, Bellebon said:

I love Steris to death

I can't believe that. I mean, I'm currently reading SoS, I haven't even reached page 100 yet (started reading it yesterday at work), so I know she might surprise me, but so far she's been one of the most annoying characters in the series (well, maybe Allrianne Cett was worse, I can't decide). Now that I know someone likes her, I want to keep reading just to find out why :P

Edited by Daydam

On 27/07/2017 at 5:47 AM, Bellebon said:

Y'all can call me Belle or Bellebon <3 I'm a 21 college student who's been reading Sanderson books since my senior year of high after my brother gave me the Mistborn box set. Needless to say I spent a lot of time reading them instead of studying haha. I'm not a huge theorist (mostly because I'm not aware of all the details out there and so I hesitate) but I love hearing about them! I'm also super into history and love learning about different fun facts! 

Hi there Belle and welcome to our little corner of the Cosmere :D oh and do eat the cookie that @StrikerEZ just offered you, it's tasty :P

Have you read all of the Cosmere books and stories? 

Mistborn was my introduction into Cosmere and Brandon's writing as wel and it naturally has a special place in my heart, though I'd say Words of Radiance is my favorite Cosmere book so far. I cannot wait for Oathbringer!

1 hour ago, Daydam said:

I can't believe that. I mean, I'm currently reading SoS, I haven't even reached page 100 yet (started reading it yesterday at work), so I know she might surprise me, but so far she's been one of the most annoying characters in the series (well, maybe Allrianne Cett was worse, I can't decide). Now that I know someone likes her, I want to keep reading just to find out why :P

Are you kidding? Steris is one of the most delightful characters in Mistborn and I'd probably put her in my top 10 favorite Cosmere characters. I won't give anything way, suffice it to say that I love her characters progression in the three Era 2 books so far.   

Edited by Gavin-son-son-Odegard

@Idealistic

I'm duel majoring in history and political science! It's...definitely interesting to study political science right now but I just adore history! What are you studying?

@Daydam

Steris def grew on me as time went along but after you finish the books she's just. Too Good. I love her so much and I like her so much more than Allrainne (who was ok but def not a top fav).

@Gavin-son-son-Odegard

I've read most if not all of the Cosmere. I just have a short story or two to finish I think haha. Words of Radience was so good however I def had times where I wanted to slap certain characters because of them being silly haha. Oathbringer is going to sososo good! Also it'll be SO HEAVY but it's worth it haha 

7 hours ago, Bellebon said:

I'm duel majoring in history and political science! It's...definitely interesting to study political science right now but I just adore history! What are you studying?

History is really interesting,(my friend is studying that and is always talking about how cool it is). I don't know exactly what political science is. I am studying physics, in september I begin my last year.:)

9 hours ago, Bellebon said:

I've read most if not all of the Cosmere. I just have a short story or two to finish I think haha. Words of Radience was so good however I def had times where I wanted to slap certain characters because of them being silly haha. Oathbringer is going to sososo good! Also it'll be SO HEAVY but it's worth it haha 

Oh Words of Radiance was fantastic. I mean I loved Way of Kings but WOR just blew that out of the water. I'm counting days till November and Oathbringer.  Also one of my all time favorite Cosmere characters was introduced in WOR as well, that is the Awesome Lift, god I love her so much. Hope there's more of here in Oathbringer.  

Edited by Gavin-son-son-Odegard

@Idealistic

13 hours ago, Idealistic said:

History is really interesting,(my friend is studying that and is always talking about how cool it is). I don't know exactly what political science is. I am studying physics, in september I begin my last year.:)

Political science ranges from politics to studying political systems of countries to, well, anything related to politics haha. My bro got his degree in physics! I'm impressed by anyone who finishes that kind of degree haha. I'm also starting my last year this fall! 

13 hours ago, Gavin-son-son-Odegard said:

Oh Words of Radiance was fantastic. I mean I loved Way of Kings but WOR just blew that out of the water. I'm counting days till November and Oathbringer.  Also one of my all time favorite Cosmere characters was introduced in WOR as well, that is the Awesome Lift, god I love her so much. Hope there's more of here in Oathbringer.  

Lift has forever changed how I use the word awesome. WoR was amazing! And Oathbringer is going to be even better!

1 hour ago, Idealistic said:

Me too, I don't really know how I have como this far, in these 4 years I have cried more times I am willing to admit.

@Idealistic

I'm pretty sure that massive amounts of crying is like, a requirement for college. Goodness knows how much I cried in my last semester alone, the further along you get in college the more you cry each time I swear.