BranSanFan

liseg13

Hello! I've never been a member of a forum before. I'm a big Sanderson fan, I've read most of his books (still need to read Alcatraz) but don't want to read his unpublished work if there's a chance he'll publish it someday.

The first time I ever heard of Brandon Sanderson was about 5 years ago when I was a starving college student trying to sell plasma. I was close to passing out and the tech was talking to me trying to keep me lucid and suggested I read this awesome book called Mistborn.

Sanderson is my favorite author, I think he has the best and most compelling writing I've ever seen. Excited to be here!

11 minutes ago, liseg13 said:

Also, what is the "spren" by my name? Is it a rank, a clan?

Its a rank. You collect upvotes by people pressing the up botton by your post (we usually give them out for free for a introduction post, but after that you get them for posting something particularly helpful, insightful or witty). The downvotes are if someone says something in bad taste (I personally have never used it and believe it is a feature that should be removed from this website). As you gain more upvotes you get higher ranks.

By the way welcome! Sounds like a true Sanderson fan!

Edited by Ammanas
Added 2nd paragraph

Hey, welcome to the Shard! Have an upvote and a spiked delicious cookie!

Spoiler

latest?cb=20100726200146

DISCLAIMER: Side effects include, but are not limited to, hearing voices, gaining supernatural powers, the sudden urge to kill everyone, and the complete loss of control over your mind and body. The Dark Alley claims no liability for any damage done to/by the eater of this cookie.

Anyway, which book of Brandon's has been your favorite so far?

Greetings from NY,

I've been a browser / stalker of this site for years. Figured I'd finally make myself official and add my two cents here and there. I absolutely love reading everyone's input on Cosmere theories. Many of those threads are responsible for my rereads. Only Cosmere books I'm finishing up are Mistborn era 2. My top 5 are: Roshar, Sel, Nalthis, Taldain, then Scadrial.

Pleasure to meet you all!

Just now, Nomad1130 said:

Greetings from NY,

I've been a browser / stalker of this site for years. Figured I'd finally make myself official and add my two cents here and there. I absolutely love reading everyone's input on Cosmere theories. Many of those threads are responsible for my rereads. Only Cosmere books I'm finishing up are Mistborn era 2. My top 5 are: Roshar, Sel, Nalthis, Taldain, then Scadrial.

Pleasure to meet you all!

Hey, welcome to the Shard! Though, this is already someone else's topic. I'd recommend starting a new one to introduce yourself.

• 2 weeks later...