Chronology of Cosmere Books

Oversleep

Love it Oversleep!!

I think this is the SA5-6 gap you were looking for

WEIRYWRITER

Are some of the [interlude] characters going to be making re-appearances?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Yes some of them will, I’m seeding characters who will become main characters later in the series by what I’m doing in that book, in those interludes. Not all of them will be. I have ten characters that are forming the spine for this series-- and like Lift is one of the ones who is going to be in the back five books which will take place-- After Book 5 of Stormlight we will have a break, in-world, for about fifteen years. Not out of the world, not in our world, but we will have a break and when we come back fifteen years or so will have passed and we will start on the back five characters

I'm not sure about the Warbreaker one. Maybe this but it's oooold

WINDRUNNER

Hey Brandon

I just want to start out by thanking you for writing such wonderful books, one read-through TWoK made you my favorite author. I cannot wait for Emperor's Soul so I can get some new cosmere information! As a 17th Sharder I have to ask at least two timeline questions.

When is Emperor's Soul set chronologically in relation to Elantris? Because if its around the same time Teod and Arelon might not have to stand alone against the Fjordell Empire.

My other question is also a timeline one. (There are a lot of those tonight haha) I heard you had to move TWoK a little bit due to some plot constraints. So does Warbreaker still fall around the same time as AoL or has that shifted as well?

I understand if you don't have time to answer these, I know authors are busy. Its great to see one such as yourself interacting with your fans. Thanks again for providing me with books that I've speculated for hours about!

Thanks for the kind words! Emperor's Soul is after Elantris, but not too long after. It is before Mistborn.

Second question is that I've moved things so that TWoK is around the same time as AoL, forced by some behind-the-scenes events. Warbreaker now happens before AoL.

Source

7 minutes ago, Calderis said:

Thanks for taking the time to translate this from your original. It'll be nice to have a reference. Bookmarked. 

Translating took very little time. It was the WoB digging that took hours.

6 minutes ago, Extesian said:

Love it Oversleep!!

6 minutes ago, Extesian said:

I think this is the SA5-6 gap you were looking for

WEIRYWRITER

Are some of the [interlude] characters going to be making re-appearances?

BRANDON SANDERSON

Yes some of them will, I’m seeding characters who will become main characters later in the series by what I’m doing in that book, in those interludes. Not all of them will be. I have ten characters that are forming the spine for this series-- and like Lift is one of the ones who is going to be in the back five books which will take place-- After Book 5 of Stormlight we will have a break, in-world, for about fifteen years. Not out of the world, not in our world, but we will have a break and when we come back fifteen years or so will have passed and we will start on the back five characters

I'm not sure about the Warbreaker one. Maybe this but it's oooold

WINDRUNNER

Hey Brandon

I just want to start out by thanking you for writing such wonderful books, one read-through TWoK made you my favorite author. I cannot wait for Emperor's Soul so I can get some new cosmere information! As a 17th Sharder I have to ask at least two timeline questions.

When is Emperor's Soul set chronologically in relation to Elantris? Because if its around the same time Teod and Arelon might not have to stand alone against the Fjordell Empire.

My other question is also a timeline one. (There are a lot of those tonight haha) I heard you had to move TWoK a little bit due to some plot constraints. So does Warbreaker still fall around the same time as AoL or has that shifted as well?

I understand if you don't have time to answer these, I know authors are busy. Its great to see one such as yourself interacting with your fans. Thanks again for providing me with books that I've speculated for hours about!

Thanks for the kind words! Emperor's Soul is after Elantris, but not too long after. It is before Mistborn.

Second question is that I've moved things so that TWoK is around the same time as AoL, forced by some behind-the-scenes events. Warbreaker now happens before AoL.

Source

No, I have both of these linked already. The SA gap WoB I'm looking for is one that says about 20 years (or perhaps it says it's "10-20 years" or "15-20 years" or anything of the sort).
I'm not sure about the Warbreaker one, it could have been something I derived from other WoBs.

I'll go dig in Pagerunner's Reddit WoB database and see what else I can find.

Edited by Oversleep

2 hours ago, Joe ST said:

it would be awesome if you could integrate this information into the various chronology parts of the coppermind (for example this section would be useful of all your references)

First of all, I cannot into wikipedias.

Second, I want to hunt for more WoBs (I'm sure they're out there somewhere) but I have no time for that right now :(

• Chaos locked this topic