Hi

Valnurath

I cheated, this isn't my first post. I made one about a couple of WoK theories first (a few minutes ag), but then felt bad and decided to make this one. Basically it's taken me a while to feel comfortable enough to post something, and now that I have I feel a bit better.

So i hear this is the place to be if you like the Cosmere and Brandon is one of your favorite authors, so it's nice to be here. 

Also thanks to who ever came up with The Coppermind. It's awesome and it was a huge help to me in starting to figure out the Cosmere and getting a different look at Mistborn. It's also what ultimately led me to this this site, so all around it's been a big help.

Favorite by Brandon is likely the Mistborn trilogy (for now at least), and it was also my first of his works. I read the whole trilogy in paper back in about 4 days, and was rewarded by sobbing for around 4 hours on a Sunday night. That was harsh. Also why I love Brandon's writing, nothing had had such an effect on me before, and nothing else has in such a degree since.

This was longer then I thought it'd be, so: Hi again, nice to finally participate a bit.

Oh, I wouldn't worry about cheating. I was researching Shards while I waited for my copy of HoA to arrive, and accidentally found our about Harmony. If my cheating didn't get me expelled, you should be fine too ; )

Anyway, welcome to the forum, and I'm glad to hear that, even if it's taken you a while to post something, you decided to dive right in with away of a kings theories. It's like pulling off a band -aid; do it quick, and get it over with. The pain lasts a second, the rewards last a lifetime.

(What? No, of course I haven't posted Way of Kings theories. Band- aids hurt.)

The font I had that most closesly matched the orignal image, only mostly matches the "T,"  and I lacked anything that would match the "H."

If your asking for a less technical reason, I both wanted to personalize the basic avatar a bit, since I don't have anything better, and like the color Orange, so I thought a border, and character would look different, but not overshadow the original image.

Edited by Valnurath

Ah, I see.  I suppose you could always open the image in paint and used the paint can tool to color in each letter you want with orange if you wanted to pick up the H and the 17 as well.  That way, you would not have to worry about matching the font.

The font I had that most closesly matched the orignal image, only mostly matches the "T,"  and I lacked anything that would match the "H."

If your asking for a less technical reason, I both wanted to personalize the basic avatar a bit, since I don't have anything better, and like the color Orange, so I thought a border, and character would look different, but not overshadow the original image.

Welcome to the forums, your pic is kinda cool :)

Though if you were looking for a profile pic aWESomenes has posted a lot of good images based off symbols/glyphs from the cosmere here.

Edited by lord Claincy Ffnord

Welcome to the forum. Your door prize:

Holy crap, that is awesome! And incredibly kind, thank you! Your name is clearly not a misnomer. 

@Shardlet: I in fact did do my rather pedestrian edit in paint, I just did not have the patience/ability to do the whole thing. My previous attempts at doing such edits have generally ended up not so great looking in the end.

@aWESomeness summoned

You seriously just made my week, possibly month. :D

Glad I could help. By happenstance, I had already made that design a day or two ago seeing if I could recreate the de facto 17s icon. I just had to change two layers to orange which only took about 2 minutes so not a problem. 

@aWESomeness summoned

You seriously just made my week, possibly month. :D

(Psst! It is customary to reward such an effort on your behalf with an upvote to aWESomeness.  Simply click on the green up arrow in the bottom corner of the post you wish to upvote).

Aslo, I noticed that the number got slightly blurry when the icon shrunk to the profile size. I'm a bit anal so I fixed it so it should be clearer and made the orange border more prominent. The link from before is updated for the new icon.

Edited by aWESomeness summoned

Aslo, I noticed that the number got slightly blurry when the icon shrunk to the profile size. I'm a bit anal so I fixed it so it should be clearer and made the orange border more prominent. The link from before is updated for the new icon.

Understand completely. I've updated the picture. Thanks again. :lol:

• Chaos locked this topic