Shallan's and Jasnah's escape

rimorob

The situation Shallan and Jasnah are in now, where the ship is probably under attack, possibly by Ghostbloods (see the theory somewhere on the Forum), seems very similar to the one Egwene and Nynaeve found themselves in on the day they met Aviendha, where they were kidnapped by bandits to trade to Myrddraal.  I hope that BS will not follow a trope (damsel escapes on her own) from a novel that he helped finish, but he seems to have painted S&J into a corner, story-wise.  Are there other possible resolutions to their predicament?  And if not, will there be outside help this time, or is it just their lightsaber (sorry, I mean shardblade) and soulcasting against the bad guys?

There are two options here. Damsel in Distress needs rescue or Damsel rescues herself. Given jasnah, it'll be the second, and it will be a good action scene. In the end, I prefer the second as well. If it were a guy in the scenario we probably wouldn't be having this discussion. It would be, What'll he do. he's gonna kick so much ***. Etc.

I'm speculating that Jasnah uses her order's second surge and transports herself and Shallah to safety. Only problem, she isn't very experienced with this surge and can't control where they go. Also, she uses up all their stormlight and so they are stuck where they are until they can infuse their spheres.

I guess we will have to see.

I'm speculating that Jasnah uses her order's second surge and transports herself and Shallah to safety. Only problem, she isn't very experienced with this surge and can't control where they go. Also, she uses up all their stormlight and so they are stuck where they are until they can infuse their spheres.

I guess we will have to see.

+1'd

TV Plot! That would be sweet, especailly if it happened more than once, they could go around solving mysteries and stuff!  Almost like episodes of Quantum Leap.

Seriously though I like

Edited by el_warko

We only know at this point that Shallan wakes up to fire and smoke.

Other than that we are speculating that Jasnah was attacked.

For all we know, the fire could have been from Jasnah killing her would be assassin and causing the ship to catch fire.

They may not be in distress other than that they no longer have a ship.

Edited by The Count

We only know at this point that Shallan wakes up to fire and smoke.

Other than that we are speculating that Jasnah was attacked.

For all we know, the fire could have been from Jasnah killing her would be assassin and causing the ship to catch fire.

They may not be in distress other than that they no longer have a ship.

Or maybe the ship's cook had just burned the dinner.

Joking aside, The Count has a point. While theorizing is fun, we do not have particularly extensive information to go on here.

I reckon that we'll see Shallan expose the fact that she'd a Shardbearer in Chapter 7, Maybe saving Jasnah's life. At which point she'll be like, Hmm... is there something you forgot to tell me? 

Hahaha , yeah.

"I said no more lies, what is wrong with you!?"

"Let me show you brightness"... Cue video flashback.

Nice!

Hahaha , yeah.

"I said no more lies, what is wrong with you!?"

"Let me show you brightness"... Cue video flashback.

and maybe

"Well, I technically didn't lie and I need to tell 'true lies' to develop my spren bond. "

The "new kid", or ship's cook, is definitelly going to play a role, IMHO. Sanderson really shoves him in your face there. Bad or good, I cannot say.

Classic misdirection. The real villain is Yalb. He pinches Jasnah in the rear, she turns him into a pillar of flames, boat sinks.

On a semi serious note, I think Jasnah and Shallan will get separated. Jasnah will travel and find herself trapped on solid land in the cognitive realm and have to go beg some stormlight off a spren to get out, Shallan, meanwhile, will be rein acting the scene from titanic with Yalb as she floats off into the sunset on her bedroom door and he sinks to the ocean's depths. (Cue emotional music).

Edited by Chlehrma

Classic misdirection. The real villain is Yalb. He pinches Jasnah in the rear, she turns him into a pillar of flames, boat sinks.

On a semi serious note, I think Jasnah and Shallan will get separated. Jasnah will travel and find herself trapped on solid land in the cognitive realm and have to go beg some stormlight off a spren to get out, Shallan, meanwhile, will be rein acting the scene from titanic with Yalb as she floats off into the sunset on her bedroom door and he sinks to the ocean's depths. (Cue emotional music).

Shallah: I'll never let go Yalb.

Gag, I hope not. ;)

I like this one, only instead of her door they float off on the Santhid

• Chaos locked this topic