Hi I am new here, been lurking for years, finally made an account.

randalthor

Welcome. I've only been here a little while, and I already love it. I just freaking need to read Mistborn, then I know I'll get hooked and have to read the entire Cosmere. 

What's your favorite book (Sanderson or not)?

My favorite books of Mr. Sanderson is The Way of Kings, with Word of Radiance on second place. I can't really decide which scene I like better. I really got stunned, and in awe by the scene when Kaladin returned to help Dalinar. Wow that was so heroic of him and that really moved me. My favourite scene in Word of Radiance is when Kaladin jumped down and helped Adolin & Renarin, and he said something like "Honour is dead, but I will do what i can". Or something in that sense.

My favorite Tolkien story is Silmarillion especially the story about Turin Turambar.

Other fantasy books that I also love is Wheel of Time, Malazan book of the Fallen, A song of Ice and Fire and Lightbringer series.

I read comics too. I think that East of West is really good. I would like to recommend it to you guys. It's about Death, one of the four horsemen. Also Saga too is very good.

On 2/9/2017 at 5:37 AM, randalthor said:

I read comics too. I think that East of West is really good. I would like to recommend it to you guys. It's about Death, one of the four horsemen. Also Saga too is very good.

I've heard good things about both of those; been meaning to check them out, but never quite got around to them. Thinking I'll wait until they have finished their runs and just pick them up after that in collections; for Image, I'm invested in the story, while with my main buys (DC), I'm in it for the serialization, so...

36 minutes ago, Quiver said:

I've heard good things about both of those; been meaning to check them out, but never quite got around to them. Thinking I'll wait until they have finished their runs and just pick them up after that in collections; for Image, I'm invested in the story, while with my main buys (DC), I'm in it for the serialization, so...

36 minutes ago, Quiver said:

I've heard good things about both of those; been meaning to check them out, but never quite got around to them. Thinking I'llwait until they have finished their runs and just pick them up after that in collections; for Image, I'm invested in the story, while with my main buys (DC), I'm in it for the serialization, so...

I read comics online on www.readcomics.tv its a very good site check it out if you like. They have both Saga and East of West there and several other DC and Marvel titles.