Help! Need Cosmere Quotes!

esamitch

(LAST POST, I PROMISE)

Hello friends!! You're going to get sick of seeing these posts very soon, so bear with me. For a project in my Digital Print class, we have to make a deck of cards, and I'm creating Cosmere character cards! Each one will have a picture, name, title, and a small quote. The attachment below is a small glimpse at what at least one side will look like! Will you help me? I don't have my books here with me at school!!

Warbreaker: Vivenna, Siri, Susebron ( I know I know he's mute almost the whole time but things he writes count too!), Vasher, Lightsong

Stormlight: Navani, Renarin, Adolin, Sadeas, Szeth.

Mistborn I: Vin, Kelsier, Sazed, Tindwyl, TenSoon, Elend, Marsh, Human

Mistborn II: Wax, Wayne, Steris, Marasi, Ranette

Elantris: Raoden, Sarene, Hrathen, Galladon

Thank you all so much! If possible, I need the quotes by Friday the 10th!

Teaser.jpg

Edited by esamitch

Teft: "I ain't grouchy I just have a low threshold for stupidity

Wayne: "Some mistakes, though, you can't fix by being sorry. Can't fix them no matter what you do."

Lyft: "I'm so storming pure I practically belch rainbows."

Szeth: "White to be bold. White to not blend into the night. White to give warning. For if you were going to assassinate a man, he was entitled to see you coming."

Llarimar: "You are a god. To me, at least. It doesn't matter how easily you can be killed, how much Breath you have, or how you look. It has to do with who you are and what you mean."

Sarene: "It's like I'm at the bottom of a hill watching an enormous boulder crash down toward me, and I'm throwing pebbles up to try to deflect it."

Kelsier: "There's always another secret."

Edited by turtle373

Steris: "It has been my experience that the safest place in a gunfight is near you, Lord Waxillium."

Also, you should totally use the symbol from Arcanum Unbounded for the card backs, if you don't have an idea already. I'll attach the picture I took of mine.

20170105_141616.jpg

Elend: "In the end, they will kill us. But first, they shall fear us!"

Sazed: “Our belief is often strongest when it should be weakest. That is the nature of hope.”

Kelsier: "That wasn't a victory, Mennis. I'll show you a victory"

Vin: "A good man . . .Yes. I've known a few of those, now."

Marsh: "No. Not again. No more giving up!"

12 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

Have you checked the Coppermind page for each character?

I have. Many characters do not have quotes, and if they do, they are either too short, full of spoilers, or they aren't actually things they have said aloud.

I need to reread the Cosmere when I'm done with Discworld, since I'm drawing a surprising blank for most of these... but....

Human - "You are big on the inside."
Kelsier - "The bastard by choice or the bastard by birth, which is worse?" (That might be a paraphrased one....) or.... "Let's have a chase, you and I."
Vin - "There was one thing every empire (Kingdom?) needed.... a good assassin." or if you want to have her as The Heir - "Let's have a chase, you and I."
Breeze - "Delegation, my dear boy. Have I taught you nothing of ruling?" or my personal favourite - "Listen, my dear man.... or should I say, my dear doggy."
Wayne - "Naw, your logic has no effect on me. I bought a charm against it from a travelling witch (gypsy?) years ago. Lets me add two and two and get a pickle."
Wax - "Now THAT explosion was NOT my fault."
Marasi - "How often have you had to impersonate Death?"
Steris - "Framed for murder! Page fourteen of the handbook!" (I forget the exact page xD)
Sazed - "I did send them help. I sent you. " or "I am, unfortunately, the Hero of Ages."

Szeth - I suppose I could kill one more... on my own time.
Adolin - "They wanted a show? A brawl? He would show them perfection." (Definitely at least a bit paraphrased with that one)
Renarin - "I want to be useful."

this site is good for quotes, but it doesn't have the character names listed... :x
https://www.goodreads.com/author/quotes/38550.Brandon_Sanderson

for example:
Lightsong:  “I try to avoid having thoughts. They lead to other thoughts, and—if you’re not careful—those lead to actions. Actions make you tired. I have this on rather good authority from someone who once read it in a book.”

Kaladin:  “Honor is dead. But I'll see what I can do.” 

ps- if you finish the cards and upload them I'd gladly help make mechanics for a Cosmere card game .o.

Edited by Unodus

On 2/8/2017 at 8:57 AM, esamitch said:

Warbreaker:

Vivienna: ??
"It's not about what I 'think I know.' It's what I believe."

Siri: ??
"There are great advantages to being unimportant"

Susebron: The God King
"All of those stories are just tales told by people who lived lives before ours."

Vasher: Peacegiver (or Strifelover if you want)
“You cannot tempt the hearts of men who are pure.”

Lightsong: The Lazy God
"Our names and titles are assigned randomly by a small monkey who has been fed an exceedingly large amount of gin."

Mistborn I (There's enough quotes already, so this is just title ideas)

Vin: Ascendant Warrior

Kelsier: Survivor of Hathsin

Sazed: Hero of Ages works for both, but plain Sazed could be Keeper of Knowledge
Are you doing him as plain Sazed or as Harmony?

Tindwyl:

TenSoon: Remarked Duplicity (reference to his actions, but it works)

Elend:

Marsh: Ironeyes (all the cliche on here)

Human: Koloss Warrior? I've got nothing here
Also just for my own curiosity, no Lord Ruler?

Elantris: Raoden, Sarene, Hrathen, Galladon

Raoden: Spirit
"He didn't need a potion or an Aon to save him, he just needed something to do."

Serene:
"You've been lonely before. You'll get through it. Just find something to occupy your mind."

Hrathen: The High Priest
"Someday they would call him their savior."

Galladon: The Dula
"I'm most recently from Elantris, land of sludge, insanity, and eternal perdition. Nice to meet you."

Lastly, Szeth: The Assassin in White
Option 1:  "He comes. The One who Hates."
Option 2:  "What are you?" the man whispered, eyes watering with pain. "Death"

17 hours ago, The One Who Connects said:

Vin: Ascendant Warrior

Kelsier: Survivor of Hathsin

Sazed: Hero of Ages works for both, but plain Sazed could be Keeper of Knowledge
Are you doing him as plain Sazed or as Harmony?

Tindwyl:

TenSoon: Remarked Duplicity (reference to his actions, but it works)

Elend:

Marsh: Ironeyes (all the cliche on here)

Human: Koloss Warrior? I've got nothing here
Also just for my own curiosity, no Lord Ruler?

I'd suggest using these titles for the Era 1 characters. It doesn't have TenSoon or Human, though. 

http://coppermind.net/wiki/Preservers 

My suggestions 

Sadeas- You may name me a liar, but I did what I did today as a mercy. A way of letting you die in glory, rather than watching you descend further and further.

Adolin- I believe in Father. I believe he’s right, that the things he sees are real. That the world needs a united Alethkar. Fights like this one are my way to make it happen.

@esamitch, can you give an update on which ones are still needed to narrow the search? 

Edited by thegatorgirl00

5 hours ago, thegatorgirl00 said:

Sadeas- You may name me a liar, but I did what I did today as a mercy. A way of letting you die in glory, rather than watching you descend further and further.

Adolin- You may name me a liar, but I did what I did today as a mercy. A way of letting you die in glory, rather than watching you descend further and further.

you put the same quote for both of them

• Chaos locked this topic