Hello from New Hampshire

Stevorso

7 hours ago, Stevorso said:

Hi everyone! I've browsed these forums a bit, but finally registered to comment on an event page. I'm going to Boskone this year, so I'm excited to see Brandon Sanderson, and hopefully meet some of you!

Welcome! Have yourself a complimentary upvote. 

Say no to cookies

Thanks for the upvote and the warnings!

As for my Cosmere background, I have read both eras of Mistborn, Stormlight archive, Elantris, Warbreaker, and am currently reading the Arcanum Unbounded. Most of what I read in general is via Audiobook, but have gone back to some of the hard covers on some. 

What's the general attitude toward audiobooks around here? Do people prefer unabridged or dramatized (e.g. Graphic Audio)?

2 hours ago, Stevorso said:

Thanks for the upvote and the warnings!

As for my Cosmere background, I have read both eras of Mistborn, Stormlight archive, Elantris, Warbreaker, and am currently reading the Arcanum Unbounded. Most of what I read in general is via Audiobook, but have gone back to some of the hard covers on some. 

What's the general attitude toward audiobooks around here? Do people prefer unabridged or dramatized (e.g. Graphic Audio)?

Hi and welcome to the Shard! I read most of Brandon's books in audiobook to. I read them in hard cover when I can though. I prefer unabridged, as detail is important and it's fine as it is. I've read everything of Brandon's except a few of his non-Cosmere short stories, and White Sand. One downside I find with Audiobooks is how slow they are. I've read the SA books in ~8hr., but the Audiobooks are around 48 hours.

And as my normal courtesy, have some upvotes and a cookie!

(DISCLAIMER: THE DARK ALLEY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SOUL DAMAGE THAT MAY OCCUR. COOKIES MAY CONTAIN PEWTER, STEEL, IRON, OR BRONZE. NO NON-HUMANS WERE HARMED IN THE CREATION OF THESE COOKIES.)

thOA7GDP31.jpg

Hello there, newcomer. I'm a fairly new member as well, but so far I've really enjoyed my stay. And that's coming from someone who hasn't read any of the Cosmere (yet), though I plan to get on that. School's just bee not busy with two AP classes.

10 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Hello there, newcomer. I'm a fairly new member as well, but so far I've really enjoyed my stay. And that's coming from someone who hasn't read any of the Cosmere (yet), though I plan to get on that. School's just bee not busy with two AP classes.

What AP classes are you taking? 

17 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Español 4 AP y Historia del Mundo AP.

(Spanish 4/WHAP)

EDIT: But this isn't about me, it's about Stevorso.

I probably could have taken the AP Spanish test in 7th grade and passed. As for AP World History, I recommend watching John Green's YouTube channel Crash Course. And sorry to @Stevorso for hijacking your post. #sorrynotsorry

9 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

I probably could have taken the AP Spanish test in 7th grade and passed. As for AP World History, I recommend watching John Green's YouTube channel Crash Course. And sorry to @Stevorso for hijacking your post. #sorrynotsorry

Does that mean you already knew Spanish in 7th grade? Or that it was just really easy?

Do those videos really help with WHAP? I know they're good for basic stuff, but do they actually somewhat line up with the curriculum of World History?

Just now, StrikerEZ said:

Does that mean you already knew Spanish in 7th grade? Or that it was just really easy?

Do those videos really help with WHAP? I know they're good for basic stuff, but do they actually somewhat line up with the curriculum of World History?

I already knew Spanish. And they line up really well with the curriculum of the class, but don't stop paying attention in class and don't cram them the day before the test (YouTube crashed for multiple people cause lots of students were cramming). Also, "the mongols"

5 minutes ago, Shqueeves said:

I already knew Spanish. And they line up really well with the curriculum of the class, but don't stop paying attention in class and don't cram them the day before the test (YouTube crashed for multiple people cause lots of students were cramming). Also, "the mongols"

Oh, I know. I'm not gonna stop paying attention. I don't have easy access to YoutTube anyway, so I probably won't be able to watch them most of the time, but I will check them out. Though, not cramming the day before the test will be a bit harder. :ph34r:

Edited by StrikerEZ
Clarity

On 2/2/2017 at 4:41 PM, SylphrenaHonorSpren said:

Hello from California! How's the winter? Which of Sanderson's books have you enjoyed most so far? :) 

Winter is slightly mild this year :)

The Well of Ascension was probably my favorite, especially with respect to the character arcs in that book. The Stormlight Archive is setting up to be my favorite series of all time. And I really enjoy his short work, especially Emperor's Soul. I find the second era Mistborn really fun reads, and want to reread those in Graphic Audio.