Dalinar's visions theory

Turtle373

I was rereading WoK and during the first vision that we get to see, the one when the midnight essence attack a villiage and Dalinar fights them, one of the people in the vision curses by saying three gods

theory time

so its obvious that the ancient people had better understanding of the shards then the current Rosharians because we know that there are three Shards on Roshar/Roshar system Odium, Honor, Cultivation, and maybe the reason they know more is because of the teachings of the Heralds, who have probably had direct contact with Honor, and I don't know where else to go with this, your turn to speculate

for info on this WoK ch 19

17 minutes ago, CosmereAvair said:

I would like to think that Dalinar's flash backs are a gift from the Night watcher when he got his memory removed on his wife.

Haven't they been confirmed to be from the Stormfather? It's indicative that someone is undergoing to process to becoming a bondsmith.

1 hour ago, Spoolofwhool said:

Haven't they been confirmed to be from the Stormfather? It's indicative that someone is undergoing to process to becoming a bondsmith.

Considering that Gavilar was also getting them (and was further along the path of the Bondsmith), I'd say that's as good as a fact.

38 minutes ago, Argent said:

Considering that Gavilar was also getting them (and was further along the path of the Bondsmith), I'd say that's as good as a fact.

I dont think we know if Gavilar was further along or not. Based on how wrong some of his beliefs were, and the fact that the stormfather was hesitant even to bond Dalinar, i would guess that he wasnt as far along.

10 minutes ago, Blightsong said:

I dont think we know if Gavilar was further along or not. Based on how wrong some of his beliefs were, and the fact that the stormfather was hesitant even to bond Dalinar, i would guess that he wasnt as far along.

I thought there was a relatively recent WoB confirming exactly that. Though I admit that the Stormfather's hesitance does make me doubt it.

36 minutes ago, Argent said:

I thought there was a relatively recent WoB confirming exactly that. Though I admit that the Stormfather's hesitance does make me doubt it.

The most recent WoB on Gavilar is just that he was on the path to becoming a Bondsmith, not that he was further along then Dalinar. Easy mistake to make. It makes sense that Gavilar would have at least fpund out what was happening to him.

22 minutes ago, QuantumSpren said:

Why was Dalinar able to effect his visions (interacting and talking with characters and fighting midnight essences), but was unable to talk with Honor? I know that he was dead but the others he talked to were also dead.

Magic interactive visions. Honor's message was more of a plain pre-recording though. You can predict how people will act, you can't predict a god.

6 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

Magic interactive visions. Honor's message was more of a plain pre-recording though. You can predict how people will act, you can't predict a god.

interesting, never thought about why he could interact with the people, just thought of it as something that just happens

16 minutes ago, turtle373 said:

interesting, never thought about why he could interact with the people, just thought of it as something that just happens

I'm really just guessing about the visions. Honor does make it sound like his parts are just pre-recordings though.

On 1/25/2017 at 3:27 AM, Argent said:

A homeless man also is said to be "raving about uniting the people" before he met his untimely end. I always wonder what that homeless man's arc might have been? The homeless uniting would have been truly awesome. Throw in some Viveena and I am sold. 

Edited by teknopathetic

18 hours ago, QuantumSpren said:

Why was Dalinar able to effect his visions (interacting and talking with characters and fighting midnight essences), but was unable to talk with Honor? I know that he was dead but the others he talked to were also dead.

It's like Dalianar is dropped in a video game. People are NPCs with dialogue options, but Honor is too big of an asset for Dalinar to download, so he's just a cutscene.

6 minutes ago, Rasarr said:

It's like Dalianar is dropped in a video game. People are NPCs with dialogue options, but Honor is too big of an asset for Dalinar to download, so he's just a cutscene.

I like that analogy, it makes sense that the person who can see possible futures (though not very well) would not be able to be recreated in the vision. 

• Chaos locked this topic