Spolier for Hero of Ages Spoliers

bdoble97

I just finished Hero Of Ages very upset that Vin and Elden  died. I really thought that Marsh would have turned and helped us out and he did that slight little bit which actually was a huge part the pulling Vins earing out. I just don't know I love the trilogy I just wanted Vin and Elden to rule together and have some kids hahahh I guess I'm a big softy.

Marsh can't actually oppose to Ruin's control, He manage to pull out Vin's earring just for a Ruin's distraction (and also this simple action was probably beyond the willpower of almost every other character)...if Ruin focuses his attension on him there is no way he could do something other than obey

I liked the ending because it showed that sacrifice can actually cost something.  Vin and Elend were willing to give up their lives to do what was right.  And then they did so.  Who says that they aren't ruling together, or having kids, on the other side?  Existence doesn't have to end with physical death.

16 minutes ago, Yata said:

Marsh can't actually oppose to Ruin's control, He manage to pull out Vin's earring just for a Ruin's distraction (and also this simple action was probably beyond the willpower of almost every other character)...if Ruin focuses his attension on him there is no way he could do something other than obey

14 minutes ago, Lightning said:

I liked the ending because it showed that sacrifice can actually cost something.  Vin and Elend were willing to give up their lives to do what was right.  And then they did so.  Who says that they aren't ruling together, or having kids, on the other side?  Existence doesn't have to end with physical death.

Both excellent points. I was about to read the secret histories or should I read the next trilogy before I read the secret histories. I really want to read the secret histories so please say I can do that first with out spoling anything  hahha 

Just now, bdoble97 said:

Both excellent points. I was about to read the secret histories or should I read the next trilogy before I read the secret histories. I really want to read the secret histories so please say I can do that first with out spoiling anything  hah-ha

From what I remember, I don't think SH directly spoils anything in Wax/Wayne era. Most (if not all) of it takes place before the next set.

I may be forgetting something, but I personally don't think it'd be a big deal if you read SH first.

1 minute ago, The One Who Connects said:

From what I remember, I don't think SH directly spoils anything in Wax/Wayne era. Most (if not all) of it takes place before the next set.

I may be forgetting something, but I personally don't think it'd be a big deal if you read SH first.

Ok thank you about to start it now

8 minutes ago, The One Who Connects said:

Well when you start SH, there is a Brandon's introduction that say "I suggest to read it after BoM".

As you said, SH take place in the first trilogy's time but there is a decent spoiler inside of it (if you don't already discovered here on the forum)

1 hour ago, Lightning said:

Some people don't believe there to be anything in the Beyond. They don't exist any longer.

I don't think it's a sad world if you believe that. But that's also why I don't think the Beyond ought to be something that is permanently off-limits, can never know what happens there. If it's true, that something is there in the place where Elend and Vin stretched out towards, then it ought to be accessible in some sense. If it isn't, then it's something supernatural - aka something that is not a part of the Cosmere. It might as well not exist.

@QuantumSpren He may listen their thoughts so there is actual a contradiction, much more

Spoiler

remember that also 300 years later Sazed still doesn't know what the Beyond is (or if there is something at all)

In the end probaby Sazed is an hope for them other than an actual knowledge

Edited by Yata

Spoiler

They were happy to go beyond and did not wish to be resurrected, so I doubt it's much of an assumption to say that they are happy where they are.

On 1/6/2017 at 4:36 PM, Rob Lucci said:

I don't think it's a sad world if you believe that. But that's also why I don't think the Beyond ought to be something that is permanently off-limits, can never know what happens there. If it's true, that something is there in the place where Elend and Vin stretched out towards, then it ought to be accessible in some sense. If it isn't, then it's something supernatural - aka something that is not a part of the Cosmere. It might as well not exist.

I actually think that is exactly what the Beyond is; Beyond the cosmere. Whether anything exists there or not is up to the individual's belief system.

On 1/6/2017 at 2:31 PM, bdoble97 said:

Both excellent points. I was about to read the secret histories or should I read the next trilogy before I read the secret histories. I really want to read the secret histories so please say I can do that first with out spoling anything  hahha 

There isn't really much of a spoiler. It just makes someone's identity more obvious and, personally, I thought it was fairly obvious and was surprised at how many people didn't realize. (I started suspecting right away; I just didn't quite expect it to happen this early.)

So if you REALLY don't want any hints read BoM first. If not, read SH. You're not going to be spoiling any major plot points just, potentially, a surprise. Honestly, if you didn't know about a potential spoiler you wouldn't be spoiled at all... (But now you know to look for it... :()

36 minutes ago, Kingsdaughter613 said:
  Hide contents

They were happy to go beyond and did not wish to be resurrected, so I doubt it's much of an assumption to say that they are happy where they are.

I actually think that is exactly what the Beyond is; Beyond the cosmere. Whether anything exists there or not is up to the individual's belief system.

There isn't really much of a spoiler. It just makes someone's identity more obvious and, personally, I thought it was fairly obvious and was surprised at how many people didn't realize. (I started suspecting right away; I just didn't quite expect it to happen this early.)

So if you REALLY don't want any hints read BoM first. If not, read SH. You're not going to be spoiling any major plot points just, potentially, a surprise. Honestly, if you didn't know about a potential spoiler you wouldn't be spoiled at all... (But now you know to look for it... :()

I started the secret history. I think I want to juat stop reading it for now and go right into the 2nd Mistborn triolgy. 

17 minutes ago, bdoble97 said:

I started the secret history. I think I want to juat stop reading it for now and go right into the 2nd Mistborn triolgy. 

Just going to point out that it's not a trilogy--there are 4 books in the Wax/Wayne era, although he's only written 3 so far. I got to the end of Bands of Mourning thinking it would be a trilogy, and was...elated, but also disappointed that the 4th wasn't out yet.

16 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

Secret History is better after BoM

Ok thanks. 

3 minutes ago, Exalted Dungeon Master said:

Just going to point out that it's not a trilogy--there are 4 books in the Wax/Wayne era, although he's only written 3 so far. I got to the end of Bands of Mourning thinking it would be a trilogy, and was...elated, but also disappointed that the 4th wasn't out yet.

O thats good to know. Is there a release date for the fourth book then 

36 minutes ago, Exalted Dungeon Master said:

It's projected to be fall 2018 as of right now.

O man.  Ok thanks they way I have been reading I feel like its been taking a month to read each book just never have time to read any more so with the 3 Next Mistborn  set of book and unbound  book im lookingtonbe set till April. Plus i got some new cannon star wars book as well. But nothing compares to Brandon Sanderson books in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, bdoble97 said:

Plus i got some new cannon star wars book as well. But nothing compares to Brandon Sanderson books in my opinion. 

You mean old canon before they relaunched with Force Unleashed or new canon, based off of the universe around Force Unleashed?

11 hours ago, Spoolofwhool said:

You mean old canon before they relaunched with Force Unleashed or new canon, based off of the universe around Force Unleashed?

After Disney bought the books. I got After math lige debt and the Asoka book. But they never seem to be as good and in depth as Sanderson books.

58 minutes ago, bdoble97 said:

After Disney bought the books. I got After math lige debt and the Asoka book. But they never seem to be as good and in depth as Sanderson books.

Never heard of those. I mainly read the ones that come after the 6th movie, surrounding the main cast: Han, Luke, and Leia, and their resulting families. If you are looking for an interesting set of Star Wars books, I would suggest reading the Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn.

3 minutes ago, Spoolofwhool said:

Never heard of those. I mainly read the ones that come after the 6th movie, surrounding the main cast: Han, Luke, and Leia, and their resulting families. If you are looking for an interesting set of Star Wars books, I would suggest reading the Thrawn Trilogy by Timothy Zahn.

Thanks man I read those  back in highschool10-15 years ago.