It's mostly because I'm unsure of myself.  I should really put my foot down. :P

Fine.  Elenion. Stink.  I'd love to have a tie between Alv and Len and Stink.  They are my three main suspicions right now, I think.  I should really take notes.

I'd quote what STINK just said, but it won't let me.  So in response to that, well, this post.  I'm voting for Len.  Either Len or Alv would be a good lynch, IMO, for info's sake.

STINK, I'm still suspicious of you, don't worry.  But it's more you're tone, which I'm having trouble reading.  

Leaving it up to chance provides a nice 'It's not my fault' fallback.  Plus, it's helpful for deciding between two equal options.  I can see why you might not like it, but it is nice occasionally.

And people keep responding to me.  -sigh-  

Just now, Arraenae said:

Yep. Hardball, Part II, Chapter 7: "Leave no shot unanswered." Part of the new playstyle I'm trying. Basically says, when people say bad things about you, respond as quickly as possible. Has a fun anecdote about how not responding to George Bush's mudslinging did bad things to Michael Dukakis's political career.

That's interesting.  Now I really have to hit post so you can all see what I'm saying.

I too shall make use of this supicion list. It seems like everyone is doing it.

1- Glathir (The Only Joe in the Bush) - Nothing

2- Stormblessed (Darkness Ascendant) soft trust
3- Sartinia (Sart) nothing
4- Boris (Elenion) slight suspicion
5- Thendir (Magestar) neutral
6- Arinian (Arinian) Moderate distrust - see previous posts in previous cycles.
7- Fjord (Assassin in Burgundy) nothing
8- Lyce Norvo (Kynedath) Innocent
11- Stub-Tail (Alvron) Moderate village read. It wouldn't make sense for him to be an eliminator with the way he acted during the last lynch
12- Stick (I am a Stick) slight distrust
13- Kipper (Kipper) nothing
14- Guilty (Elodin) neutral
16- Galerion (OrlokTsubodai) neutral
17- Rhea (Nyali) nothing
18- Jayjay (Arraenae) slight distrust. everything "seemed off" but no substancial original accusations
20- Adarjmei (Burnt Spaghetti) slight trust
21- Kjartan & Mus (Kasimir) slight trust
22- John (JUQ) moderate distrust.
23- Stink -Moderate distrust - see previous posts in previous cycles

This is probably the only thing I'll be able to contribute this cycle. I've been busy with tests and projects and homewor all day. I promise to come back and re-read all of this next cycle and do some serious analysis. For now, this will have to do.

1 hour ago, Alvron said:

Ah, but I did say so, just not in the way you expected.  I wanted to see if anyone was going to try and change the lynch target closer to the end of the cycle.  When no one did it made me think that the Elims were happy with the lynch target therefore most likely they were innocent.  I am doing the same thing this cycle but using a three way tie to see if anyone shifts the vote away from a tie.  Apart from those tied that is, I expect it from them.  It's easy enough to move away from a tie but doing so when an Elim is up for the chop makes it a little easier later down the line.

Alright. That's a good enough reason. I shall remove my vote. Alvron

Stink. Len

Vote Tally:
Stink (0): Len, Alv, Mage
Stick (2): Sart, Ari
Len (3): Kas, Nyali, Mage, Alv
Alv (3): Kas, Stick, Joe, Len

Really?  Com'on people.  I'm willing to be one of the tied in the lynch.  Why would any elim want to be in the lynch?  Should I live then tie it up with me again next cycle. And the cycle after......

Edit: Storming ninja-Joe :P 

Edited by Alvron

Why don't we really up the fun.  Let's have one vote on everyone!  Whoever breaks the tie is an Elim and they get lynched the next cycle.  What have you got to lose?

Edit: Or better, you do that next cycle.  This cycle it's between Len and me in the Thunderdome.  Two enter, one leaves!

Edited by Alvron

I don't even see what makes me so suspicious to everyone. I've articulated a very good reason why Alv is evil, but suddenly a bandwagon has started on me without evidence but instead a couple of gut reads and some bandwagoning (looking at you, Mage). I smell a rat, and it's not Kas' mouse.

And Alv, I'm 75% sure you're evil. If it's a thunderdome you want, it's a thunderdome you'll get. First to die gets the other's wine from the loot crate?

6 minutes ago, Arraenae said:

Whatever Alv's doing, he seems to be having a lot of fun doing it. I think we'd learn quite a bit from his death. Alvron.

Fun is the reason I play.  If you're not have fun then what's the point?

My fun comes from the uncertainty.  Normally lynches are a forgone conclusion.  You know who's going to be lynched at the end of a cycle and all that's left is the results.  But with ties you don't know who it's going to be.

1 minute ago, Elenion said:

And Alv, I'm 75% sure you're evil. If it's a thunderdome you want, it's a thunderdome you'll get. First to die gets the other's wine from the loot crate?

You've already drunk some of your wine but I'll still take you up on that bet.  And I take it you mean last to die.  First to die means they can't collect.

Now if someone would be kind enough to tie it up again.

8 minutes ago, Elenion said:

Ha, if Alv is smart he'll take that bet, because you'd drink the wine in order to stop him getting it, and fighting drunk people is easier than fighting sober people.

Now if someone would be kind enough to tie it up again.

Hmm, why not bring someone else into this? Stick
That's three votes on Len and Stick, and four on Alv.

Edited by JUQ

8 hours ago, Kasimir said:

I generally think JUQ has been hanging back a bit, but maybe that's me - it would be good to hear more too.

Hmm, there's reasons for that. I don't feel comfortable saying much more but @A Joe in the Bush will back me up here.

2 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Things That Seem Weird

2 hours ago, Arraenae said:

Assassin RPs

Assassin RPing isn't that weird, surely? :P

I bet that one and only one new voter will vote this cycle.

Edited by JUQ

14 minutes ago, Alvron said:

I will take that bet too.  It will only be two or fewer new voters.

Deal.

13 minutes ago, JUQ said:

Hmm, there's reasons for that. I don't feel comfortable saying much more but @A Joe in the Bush will back me up here.

Assassin RPing isn't that weird, surely? :P

I bet that one and only one new voter will vote this cycle.

Um, I can attest to the fact that JUQ has has a lot of distracting things happening in RL right now. But I would rather not be asked to attest to things like this from now on thank you very much.

3 minutes ago, A Joe in the Bush said:

Um, I can attest to the fact that JUQ has has a lot of distracting things happening in RL right now. But I would rather not be asked to attest to things like this from now on thank you very much.

Thank you.

RP: John was sick of the standing around. A little less conversation, a little more action, please. All of this aggravation wasn't satisfying him. He needed a definitive lynch, and a definitive lynch now!!

OOC: As one of my items was 'Blue Suede Shoes', I will be doing RP every cycle from now on with an Elvis reference in it. 

As far as I can tell, this is the vote tally - does that look right?
Vote Tally
Stink(0): Elenion{1}, Alvron{1}, Magestar{1}
Stick(4): Sart{1}, Arinian{1}, JUQ{1}, Assassin{1}
Elenion(3): Kasimir{1}, Nyali{1}, Magestar{2}, Alvron{2}
Alvron(4): Kasimir{2}, Stick{1}, Joe{1}, Elenion{2}, Arraenae{1}

As suspicious as it sounds, I'm not certain I want to vote for Alv this cycle, despite my disagreements with him these last two cycles. He's conceded that there wasn't a specific ground for justification for suspecting me other than metagaming.

I've been having issues with work as my project crescendos in the run up to Christmas, so haven't had as much time as I'd like. Consequently, I'm not sure if my suspicion on Alv actually stands up to any scrutiny.

Only one extra vote was placed.  You owe me 25 gold Joe.  Hopefully I'll survive the round to collect.

Shame Len couldn't join the party but nevertheless it's Stick and Alv in the Thunderdome.  Who will live and who will die?  Stay tuned to find out!

This should be fun.

Cycle 4 – Pain to Paint

Kjartan prowled the corridors, hunting for more evil. The Voice of Stendarr was silent again, but the Boot of Stendarr had a plan! The first piece of evil he had destroyed had been that sneaky painting. And then it had been the two cursed paintbrushes that he’d splintered into Oblivion. It had taken a while, but he made the connection! Paint! He needed to find paint! Or a painter! Or maybe a painted troll! He hoped it was the troll – they were habitually evil and fun to kill with Stendarr’s Toothpick.

He handed some cheese to Mus, who was perched on his shoulder. “Found any evil yet, Mus?” Mus just continued nibbling on the cheese. “Sorry, Kjartan is trying. These trolls are being stealthy…” And then he saw it. Rounding the corner, he saw the painting.  

Painted%20Troll%20small.jpg

There it was, a painting of a painted troll, hung at the end of the wall. Kjartan moved careful towards it. Mus saw it too, and skittered into his armour, squeaking. This was it. This was the Ultimate Evil. With a roar, he charged, preparing to Destroy with Stendarr’s Toothpick. And burst straight through the still wet canvas, and out of the window it had obscured. The ground rushing up to him, he worried about Mus. With Stub-Tail having died just earlier, the Voice of Stendarr would need a new protector. His last thought however was that at least that evil painting had been shown who was boss.

Alvron was lynched. He was a Guest. He had 61 gold, a Dagger, a copy of 'Macabre Manifest', Fur Boots, 4 Lockpicks, a Black Cowl, and 1 Bottle of Cheap Wine.
Kasimir was killed. He was a Guest. He had 30 gold, a Silver-capped Staff, an Ebony Claymore, a copy of ‘On Oblivion’, a copy of ‘Bible of the Deep Ones’, a Leather Boot, all the cheese.

Darkness Ascendant has lost the will to live. He was a Guest. He had 1 gold, and Sackcloth Sandals.
Master Elodin has lost the will to live. He was a Guest. He had 150 gold, 17 Dragon’s Tongue Flowers, 5 Lavender Sprigs, 2 Nightshade Flowers, 3 Fly Amanita Caps, and Buckled Shoes.

Kipper did not post and has lost their free pass.

Vote Tally
Stick(4): Sart, Arinian, JUQ, Assassin
Elenion(3): Nyali, Magestar, Alvron
Alvron(4): Kasimir, Stick, Elenion, Arraenae

Stink(0): Elenion{1}, Alvron{1}, Magestar{1}
Stick(4): Sart{1}, Arinian{1}, JUQ{1}, Assassin{1}
Elenion(3): Kasimir{1}, Nyali{1}, Magestar{2}, Alvron{2}
Alvron(4): Kasimir{2}, Stick{1}, Joe{1}, Elenion{2}, Arraenae{1}

Loot Crate

> 1192 gold
> a copy of ‘The Five Tenets’
> a Grand Soul Gem
> Silver Mace
> a copy of ‘Guide to Skingrad’
> Huntsman Moccasins
> Dagger
> a copy of 'Macabre Manifest'
> Fur Boots
> 4 Locpicks
> Black Cowl
> 1 Bottle of Cheap Wine
> Silver-capped Staff (Stendarr's Toothpick)
> Ebony Claymore
> a copy of 'On Oblivion'
> a copy of 'Bible of the Deep Ones'
> a Leather Boot
> all the cheese
> Sackcloth Sandals
> 17 Dragon’s Tongue Flowers
> 5 Lavender Sprigs
> 2 Nightshade Flowers
> 3 Fly Amanita Caps
> Buckled Shoes

Elenion and Kynedath fight over the gold, but come to no agreement.
The Only Joe in the Bush takes the Mage's Staff of Silence.
Burnt takes the White Mage Shoes.
Magestar takes the Staff.

Cycle ends in ~23 hours.

red_1482031800.png

Quicklinks

Player List

1. Glathir (The Only Joe in the Bush) a paranoid, slightly homicidal Bosmer
  2. Stormblessed (Mesa the Ookla / Darkness Ascendant) an illegitimate beggar Guest
  3. Sartinia (Sart) a high elf who has lost their way
  4. Boris (Elenion) has a drinking problem
  5. Thendir (Magestar) a Dunmer, and Magister of House Telvanhi
  6. Arinian (Arinian)
  7. Fjord (Assassin in Burgundy) is a Khajit escaped from a collector
  8. Lyce Norvo (Kynedath) is an antisocial Dark Elf 
  9. Helchon (Doc) an Altmer Guest
  10. Tu (cloudjumper) is a mysterious cow smuggler Guest
  11. Stub-Tail (Alvron) a Saxhleel Guest
  12. Stick (I am a Stick)
  13. Kipper (Kipper) Kipper
  14. Guilty (Elodin) until proven otherwise, but innocently harmless. Guest
  15. Innocent (Ecthelion) probably. Seems sus though. Guest
  16. Galerion (OrlokTsubodai) is a reserved Altmer.
  17. Rhea (Nyali) is a Breton scholar obsessed with Dwemer technology.
  18. Jayjay (Arraenae) is a little Paranoid.
  19. Zelda (TheMightyLopen) is a wise Sagemer Guest
  20. Adarjmei (Burnt Spaghetti) is a kleptomaniac kitty khajiit.
  21. Kjartan & Mus (Kasimir), the Boot(s?) of Stendarr Guest
  22. John (JUQ) general
  23. Ladric (Stink) is a blank slate
Edited by Haelbarde

Boris' mouth gaped. 

"Stub Tail wasn't an assassin? But . . . how?"

He took a swig of wine to steady his nerves.

"I don't even know where to go from here."

Well, that was embarrassing, and now I'm no longer confident in my gut reads.  But since fewer votes are better for the elims,  I'm going back to the old vote on Stink[\color].

There are a few players who I want to hear from:

@JUQ I'm still quite suspicious of you. What are your thoughts on last lynch's results? Also, Burnt, Joe, and Rae, (sorry, my tags keep breaking) we need the more experienced players to take the wheel if we want to avert a catastrophe. Whom do you suspect most right now?