Do all the book

bdoble97

Question

Do all the  events in book that take place in cosmar (sorry probably spelt wrong) happen during the same time. Meaning the events of Elantris, 1st Mistborn books, Warbraker, Emperor's soul and the Beast of them all The Stormlight Archives. I admit I have only read Elantris both SA books and the 1st Mistborn book. Just started Warbraker 

8 answers to this question

No, they do not in fact happen at the same time. The exact timeline isn't known for sure, but we know that Elantris happens first, then the first mistborn trilogy, then warbreaker, then Stormlight archive and finally the second mistborn trilogy (which, incidentally, is 4 books long).

this contains more info: http://coppermind.net/wiki/Chronology

On 10/15/2016 at 10:41 AM, randuir said:

No, they do not in fact happen at the same time. The exact timeline isn't known for sure, but we know that Elantris happens first, then the first mistborn trilogy, then warbreaker, then Stormlight archive and finally the second mistborn trilogy (which, incidentally, is 4 books long).

this contains more info: http://coppermind.net/wiki/Chronology

I'm pretty sure the second Mistborn Era (better than trilogy now) is prior to SA, while Era 3 will be between the first and second halves of SA (which is probably a ~10 year gap I think).

1 hour ago, Jondesu said:

I'm pretty sure the second Mistborn Era (better than trilogy now) is prior to SA, while Era 3 will be between the first and second halves of SA (which is probably a ~10 year gap I think).

There are two sources on that page saying AoL is around the gap between SA5 and SA6.

9 hours ago, Eki said:

There are two sources on that page saying AoL is around the gap between SA5 and SA6.

Yeah, I'm just 90% sure he changed that since then and moved it earlier. Maybe someone else can find the WoB, I'm horrible at finding those.

3 minutes ago, Jondesu said:

Yeah, I'm just 90% sure he changed that since then and moved it earlier. Maybe someone else can find the WoB, I'm horrible at finding those.

I did hear something about Alloy of law having to occur slightly earlier in the Scadrial time-line because of some kind of time-line conflict with something in SA, not that the overall chronological order of the books was changed.

On Sunday, October 16, 2016 at 11:52 AM, BeskarKomrk said:

You can take a look at the rough draft of a timeline I've put together here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JJtJhHwpKdow01n2-bsT3scVvqJd6lZh4uvpNwcslv8/edit#gid=0

Warning that there are spoilers for all the books to varying degrees.

Thank you for responding I totally forgot I asked this question your time is quite impressive

On 10/18/2016 at 2:23 AM, Jondesu said:

Other way around, it used to be a few hundred years before WoK but was changed to be roughly concurrent due to behind-the-scenes stuff.